1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Thrifter's Trading Post

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nataku, Feb 20, 2009.

1. MJC8719x

MJC8719x Well-Known Member

Have a navy Banana Republic Blue Blazer - 3 button - tagged 38R. Can post pics and measurements if interest (PM me and let me know). Thanks

2. creampiggy

creampiggy Well-Known Member

Alright, here's some more goodies. If you are interested in anything, let me know and I will take more pics.

Allen Edmonds Brookwood in 12D. This is the same pair I just got on trade from creampiggy. I thought since sizing on loafers is always a little hit and miss, I may get lucky and squeeze my fat feet in to these, but alas they do not fit.

Hi doublebucklemonk, I am really sorry to hear that the shoes don't fit you. I received your shoes yesterday and they are amazing! Sanford has been my favorite AE model. I believe after a good polish they will look perfect.

Thanks for the trade. I saw a Canali orphaned jacket in size 62R today. I think it is still too small for you though. I will keep on eye for you.

For those who are thinking to trade with doublebusklemonk, he is really a wonderful person to deal with.

3. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

so far I don't have anything photographed to exchange.

You need to get on that doc, its all passing you by... [​IMG]

4. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm happy so many people have responded to my post, but I feel I should clear up some sizing errors and give a little more details (and pics!). The Borelli jacket is not a true 42S, but rather a labeled 40R. The jacket fits me in the chest, but is too wide in the shoulders (see pic), which led me to believe it was a 42. The sleeves and hem are clearly too short, perhaps the previous owner had it shortened?... The Allen Edmonds are a 10 and more of a burgandy color, not a 9.5 and chili. Also, there are some slight imperfections in the leather, but should be fixed with a quick polish. Otherwise the shoes are brand new. I would bet they were never worn outside of the store. JACKET IS ON HOLD Well, pics are below. Sorry for any confusion. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

PM on the shirt...

6. doublebucklemonk

doublebucklemonk Well-Known Member

Hi doublebucklemonk, I am really sorry to hear that the shoes don't fit you. I received your shoes yesterday and they are amazing! Sanford has been my favorite AE model. I believe after a good polish they will look perfect.

Glad you like em. Don't know if you noticed, but AE is having a sale on recrafting through the end of the month. If you were planning on resoling them, now would be a great time. Thanks again for the great trade.

7. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

How wide is the donegal tie? I'm interested, though so far I don't have anything photographed to exchange.

The tie is 3" across...

8. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

I'll be curious to see how the Burberry suit measures out.
    Ok I measured it and took more pics in better light... Also listed it in B&S, but trades always considered! Measurements: Chest - 26" across, so 52" chest. Waist - 24" across, so 48" waist. Shoulder Width - 21.5" Jacket length (from bottom of collar) - 32" Shoulder length - 26" (with .5" to let out conservatively) Pants waist - 21" across (so 42" waist, with up to 3" to let out) Pants length - 29.5" - with 3" to let out (2" if cuffed) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] http://img5.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dscn1251ogo.jpg Similar suit on on ebay: Note: this suit is pretty recent! Not "Burberrys'" with the knight on the horse logo... and this suit is very soft, not coarse... immaculate inside and out. 2-button, side vented, pleated pants (pleats are coming back!)

9. creampiggy

creampiggy Well-Known Member

Some ties available to trade: [​IMG] All Giorgio Armani. [​IMG] First is Pal Zileri The rest are Zegna The shoes of size 8.5C and 12D are still available. See my post on the first page of this thread.

10. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Some ties available to trade:

[​IMG]
    First is Pal Zileri (on hold)
    The rest are Zegna

That second to the last from the right floral Zegna is stunning....

11. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Well-Known Member

This w/e's haul, have to say one of the best I've had:

Ermenegildo Zegna Pants 34x29 (2" cuff with about an 1 1/2" hemmed under) 100% wool made in Italy. These look like they are brand new. (Traded)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

David Wood Clothiers Dress Shirt 16.5/34 measured (it's tagged 17.5/35 bit it's small on me)
    [​IMG]

Brooks Brothers Non Iron Dress shirt 16/35 (measures true to size)
    [​IMG]

Also purchased:
    -Navy with dark checks Burberry's Sport Coat from Saks (my guess would be about a 40R) looks to be in almost new condition.
    http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=174
    -Dark Grey Hugo Boss (Loro Piana) Sport coat (Tagged 42L). They could be orphaned but I didn't find any pants.

These will be posted after I take them to the cleaners due to wrinkles. If there is any immediate interest I'll take pictures.

Also found a Brooks Brothers Navy suit in a 45L and a Brooks Brother button down 17.5/35 that for right now I'm keeping for myself.

12. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Well-Known Member

I have two FS posts over on the For Sale area. Open to trades on anything.

13. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm happy so many people have responded to my post, but I feel I should clear up some sizing errors and give a little more details (and pics!). The Borelli jacket is not a true 42S, but rather a labeled 40R. The jacket fits me in the chest, but is too wide in the shoulders (see pic), which led me to believe it was a 42. The sleeves and hem are clearly too short, perhaps the previous owner had it shortened?... The Allen Edmonds are a 10 and more of a burgandy color, not a 9.5 and chili. Also, there are some slight imperfections in the leather, but should be fixed with a quick polish. Otherwise the shoes are brand new. I would bet they were never worn outside of the store. JACKET IS ON HOLD

Well, pics are below. Sorry for any confusion.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

\\[/IMG]

just so you know that is not the famous Italian company we are all familiar with. Borrelli has two Rs.
    http://www.luigiborrelli.com/

14. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Well-Known Member

Had some interest in the Burberry's Coat. I did find one small spot on the back shown in the last picture. It is not noticable unless you are looking for it. Measurements below:
    Armpit: 21"
    Shoulders: 19"
    Sleeves: 25"
    Length: 31.5"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Well-Known Member

What im looking for: Flannel/chambray/denim workshirts, size small work pants size 30/31 also london tan coloured plain toe bluchers, size 8.5EEE I have alot of great things, including 2 nwt made in italy polo items. paul stuart, 14.5, pink spread collar with french cuffs [​IMG] ferrangamo, white with grey tiger stripe, as well as a striped texture to the gauzey cotton. This shirt would be perfect for summer, but it doesnt fit like a small like i had hoped, its a medium sized shirt [​IMG] vintage Churchs monk straps, about a size 9 D, chocolate brown suede. Someone had pmed me a while ago for these and now they are for trade [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] they are stunning! Hilditch and key contrast spread collar, french cuffs. This is a really nice shirt. There is a very faint yellowed stain on the pocket, about the size of a quarter, only visible upon closer inspection, i would say otherwise that this shirt has been worn once. It was probably brand new when i bought it 15.5 [​IMG] [​IMG] NWT made in italy polo, spread collar casual shirt, very nice plaid, beautiful fabric, it is very luxurious, nice dark shell buttons [​IMG] [​IMG] ties: [​IMG] holiday and brown, harvie and hudson, harry rosen, hilditch and key, hermes, "doghouse" 50's vintage, aquasuctum. note, the spots on the hermes are some sort of stain. I havent attempted to clean it filson tin cloth hat, 7/ 7 1/4 [​IMG] NWT, made in italy, polo wimbledon shorts, size 33 light cream [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. antirabbit

antirabbit Well-Known Member

Wow, those are amazing shoes!
    9 EU size?
    do you want to trade for shoes?

17. breakfasteatre

They are marked 8.5. They are made for a montreal store, so im assuming its 8.5US size, but they fit more like a 9US

Ill trade if you have anything clunky and wide, preferably pebbled

18. 83glt

83glt Well-Known Member

They are marked 8.5. They are made for a montreal store, so im assuming its 8.5US size, but they fit more like a 9US Ill trade if you have anything clunky and wide, preferably pebbled
    What's the name of the MTL store?

19. breakfasteatre

What's the name of the MTL store?

glenn case, montreal

20. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

Shoes look great, breakfasteatre. Would have thrown the whole playbook your way had they been a bit smaller...