• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official TES V:Skyrim Thread

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, want to play so badly right now, but work projects and moving around will keep me from playing until mid-December at earliest.

This is painful.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the thieves guild bug after the completing second quest. It tells u to meet maven briar whatever but she doesn't prompt next quest. After reading online looks like lots of peeps have this issue. Apparently u have to go fine maven immediately after or else you get stuck and can't move forward.

Oh well wanted to start new anyway so as good a time as any. Few things I want to do differently now after being level 20. :(

Saltricks

Reaction score
Yeah, I dont think I should have leveled smithing so early. :/ and I wish I did more thief skills and less tank skills...hiding in the shadows is surprisingly fun.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I dont think I should have leveled smithing so early. :/ and I wish I did more thief skills and less tank skills...hiding in the shadows is surprisingly fun.

My second play through I plan on using the slow leveling patch, and most likely focus on being more stealthy and thief like - sneak, speech, light armor, pickpocket, 1H and bows.

I'd love to get the Ebony Mail daedric armor i have right now but a light armor version. It has an enchantment of better sneaking and all hostile enemies in your immediate vicinity take 5 poison dmg per second.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's no point to light armor once you have the silent perk for heavy. that ebony armor makes you silent too, so other than the carry weight, im not sure why you would want a light version

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

there's no point to light armor once you have the silent perk for heavy. that ebony armor makes you silent too, so other than the carry weight, im not sure why you would want a light version

Because I won't be putting points into Heavy Armor - hence it won't be silent, and since i'm planning on making the second run through character a primarily stealth/bow/dagger character - who stealths in Heavy Armor?

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, either you put points into light or heavy, the difference being that heavy armor has a perk which gives you one of the main advantages of light armor. items like the dark brotherhood boots will muffle you as well which you can get fairly early in the game.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well, either you put points into light or heavy, the difference being that heavy armor has a perk which gives you one of the main advantages of light armor. items like the dark brotherhood boots will muffle you as well which you can get fairly early in the game.

yeah, not saying your wrong about that. but early game its probably better to stick light armor, and to increase perks within it since it would be difficult to play the stealthy/sneak type with Iron Armor clinging around.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup just started a second playthrough now with a **** ton of mods to improve textures and graphics..looks amazing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads