1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Feb 4, 2014.

1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Hmm, looks like the kind of gay moment that Joss Whedon has described as the Party of Five effect -- exploitation dressed as social conscience. [​IMG]

2. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Okay so can anyway who saw Logan explain to me what happens when

a child with an adimantium skeleton has a growth spurt?

3. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

She doesnt have an adamantium skeleton! Only claws.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  4. Van Veen

I thought of that, but wouldn't she break bones with the force of her blows? Seems like there would need to be a foundation for the claws.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

she has super healing, similar to the claws coming out ripping up her skin and then it heals almost instantaneously so she takes little to no damage

6. Van Veen

Guess it makes sense, especially if she originally had the bone claws like in the first standalone Wolverine movie. Still wonder why Logan has a full skeleton, then. Maybe technology has improved in ~50 years.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

maybe because he is a full grown man and X23s growth would be stunted if she had full on adamantium, just as you stated before

they were being raised as a weapon, who knows, maybe when she was fully grown then they probably would have put all admantium on her too

1 person likes this.
  8. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

^ That is correct.
    She escaped before they put the adamantium in her skeleton, but that was the plan.

9. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Saw Kong Skull Island this weekend. Well most of it. I wasn't feeling well and ended up having to leave to go home about 2/3 in.

Fun film! Kong's all over it and makes his first appearance very early in the film. So for those of you who complained about Godzilla not having enough of the big guy in it, you won't have any such concerns here. Most of the cast works well and the action involving Kong that I got to see was done nicely. I'm going to hold off till Blu Ray to finish the movie, but if you have already see LOGAN and are looking for a movie to catch I think Kong is a good bet.

Without getting into any spoilers, they do lay some seeds on how it is all connected to the same universe. What I saw felt fairly organic and made sense in the context for the film you were watching. I suspect when we do eventually see Godzilla and Kong square off on the big screen it won't feel forced.

As to the size difference in the monsters....

It's stated in the film that Kong is still growing.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Kong was just a nice and simple fun film.

Nothing deep and they kept it pretty straightforward.

you got to see the end credit scene though....

11. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

I caught Logan over the weekend. This really makes up for the dogshit Origins and below average Wolverine movie.

1 person likes this.
  12. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

I am really enjoying the Logan cartoons and memes that have been popping up. They are all, essentially, spoilers so I am not going to post anymore of them.

13. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

Saw a trailer for American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Looks bent anyone read the book and if so what's the verdict? Worth reading or just wait for the TV series's?

14. VaderDave

VaderDave Well-Known Member

I read the book a few years ago. I enjoyed it. I'm not sure that I'm interested in watching the show, though.

15. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

American Gods was good. Anansi Boys was even better.

1 person likes this.
  16. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Neverwhere was the best of the three.

lefty

17. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

^That was excellent (the TV series was great), but entirely unrelated to the other two.

18. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it as I enjoyed the book so much. I reread it every year or so.

While on the subject (of scifi-y fiction), I just finished Blake Crouch's Dark Matter. Faulty, but fun page turner.

lefty

19. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

I read that last year and throughly enjoyed it. Interesting take on the multiverse. Some interesting twists and turns. Highly recommend.

I also got a copy of SL & SD Dr Strange omnibus this week. Fun read.

20. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

Thanks. In an odd coincidence, I have been watching The Space Channel/Syfy's Dark Matter TV show. I think they are unrelated to the book, but your review of the book is more or less applicable to the show. Lots of flaws, but still enjoyable to watch with enough interest to keep me curious.