1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jr Mouse, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  2. Jr Mouse

[​IMG]

/dead

3 people like this.
  3. why

why Well-Known Member

Yet they bought Star Wars, the film series with where negroes are more rare than Jedi.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

When is Lando going to pop up again????

5. Suntory

Suntory Well-Known Member

If you are supreme you can wear what you want.
    That timing...

6. Ataturk

Ataturk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Don't post here until you know what you're talking about.

1 person likes this.
  7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  8. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

MSTR-B8R?

What if Rey doesn't have a mother and was just midiclhlorian'd out of Luke's deeyock?

9. Jr Mouse

Seriously Disney missed the boat on that guy. He should have been kept alive to haunt Finn throughout the trilogy. You could see him slowly getting promoted up the ranks and maybe getting more unique armor to stand out from the rest. :happy:

I know that from a narrative standpoint it felt stale, but for all the talk about the First Order building "just another Death Star" the Starkiller was actually a brilliant tactical move on their part. In one shot they destroyed five of the most important Republic planets and a large portion of their galactic fleet. Even if the Starkiller got blown up before getting to fire again, I can't imagine them having many regrets for moving forward with the project. It's going to be fairly easy for them to move in and seize control of a sizable portion of the galaxy after this.

Saw it for the third time this weekend and I can safely say it's out of my system till home release. At most I would love to track down a high quality bootleg of the lightsaber battle at the end. It's going to end up there with the one at the end of ROTJ as best the franchise has offered.

1 person likes this.
  10. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Third time? Now I'm picturing you in your mom's basement still sporting your high school Star Wars bedsheets.

Close?

lefty

2 people like this.
  11. Jr Mouse

Lightyears away from the truth Lefty but thanks for the laugh. :laugh:

Anyone who knows me personally would tell you that I don't look or carry myself at all like the interests I express in threads like this may lead you to believe. I do have plans to buy my little nephew some Star Wars bedsheets once he gets old enough to know what they are.

12. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

My 11-year-old nephew just replaced his SW sheets. I asked why and he said, "just saw the new movie and I can't really support this franchise any longer."

lefty

1 person likes this.
  13. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Star Wars bed sheets would effectively provide a way to jakkuke on Rey's face... just sayin., @grundletaint

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    3 people like this.
  14. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

Done and done.

15. Suntory

seek help if your Star Wars bed sheets have cracked into pieces

16. Suntory

Have you lads seen the Patriot Games? You see Han Solo, Mace Windu and Darth Vader all on the same side.

1 person likes this.
  17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll do it.

18. VaderDave

VaderDave Well-Known Member

Partway through the series he could have sung "Stars" from Les Miserables while prancing along a rooftop looking into the night sky. It would have been touching.

19. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

I just saw it. It was lots of fun to watch and did a good job of cleaning out the bad taste in my mouth from the prequels.
    Lots of things about it sucked, though. One I haven't seen mentioned, and which recalls Vader, though not the way Ren intended, is that Ren is a total fuckup yet people, incredibly, listen to him. Everything he does is a failure, yet Snoke still relies on him and none of his. Ok leagues or underlings shoot him in the back (though Hux clearly wants to and is a big snitch). Also, when Snoke recalls him after the destruction of the happy magic fun ball, is "complete his training" a euphemism for firing squad?
    Also, Rey's rapid force skill acquisition was comical. I didn't have a problem with her fighting and flying skills so much as her mastering an esoteric, obscure mystical art suddenly and without any training. My guess is the expository sequence that explained how her latent talents were awakened by touching Luke's dick-in-a-box was left on the cutting room floor.
    But while it might not be a great film, it was a really fun movie. My daughter loved it and that is who it is for.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  20. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Yeah, as much as I like Kylo Ren, the fact that people continue to listen to this brat kinda irked me the second time out. Maybe it can be explained by Snoke understanding how much power (potential?) dude has so he's willing to put up with his hissy fits??