1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

Can't get the code to work, typing in "PREMIUM" do I have to have any sort of membership? Am trying to go after the Baracuta as well.

2. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

looks like it's stopped working, was earlier, no more

3. jlcookmd

jlcookmd Active Member

6 orders from EndClothing within the last year - nailed $90 for customs on the most recent order, no charges for the other 5. All shipped by FedEx to USA. A real crap shoot.

4. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

Every time I order something big from Europe I get hammered by customs. How big have your orders been? I think the cutoff is supposed to be $250 USD.

5. dgonsh

dgonsh Well-Known Member

hmm, i hope not :(

Im a fairly casual rider. dont commute with my bike. just use it for leisure in the spring/summer/early fall. id be surprised if people purchase brooks products if theyre serious cyclists. clearly theyre a nostalgia brand who make quality early 20th century products.

having said that, the reviews ive read have been very positive. but i appreciate your comment.

6. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

Same here. I´m starting to hate DHL. Last purchse was a tee which was around 110 euros (160 shipped) and customs here charged over 200 dollars when the package came in. So fucking furious [​IMG][​IMG]

7. airportlobby

airportlobby Well-Known Member

What happens if you just don't cut a check to DHL for customs? It's such an odd deal - when does the buyer agree to pay it? Is it implicit?

8. Lionheart Biker

I have no idea. I´ve never not payed. I love the stuff I buy way too much [​IMG]

9. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

I think if you dont pay they will hold future pakcages until you do. But how were the fees more than the actual value?

10. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

I have yet to pay my FedEx bill from my End order, nothing has happened so far

11. Lionheart Biker

Argentinian customs suck big time. When something comes through DHL, the money you pay can be 100% of the value of what you order, and sometimes even more. Fedex never makes me pay so much, but unfortunately, the sites I order most of my stuff use DHL. LVR does use fedex every now and then, but Mr. Porter only uses DHL [​IMG]

12. poorman

poorman Well-Known Member

How do you get charged for customs fees? Do they bill you after your package arrives? How does it work?
    It's been a week since I received my order from Nitty Gritty from Fedex, am I safe?

13. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

I didn't get customs with either of my Nitty Gritty orders. I asked them to mark down value and the they said they would do the lowest by law, which was just the sale price.

As for customs bills its max $100 or so not sure why you wouldn't pay something like that.

14. abbr

abbr Member

Contacted end support and they say that "PREMIUM" coupon only valid for Italian and Swiss customers

1 person likes this.
  15. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. zazaza

zazaza Well-Known Member

I'm 50% italian does that count?

esp frustrating since I'd clicked the USA website and the discount applied when I added the code. (although when I went to complete the order a couple hours later it didn't work)

17. zazaza

zazaza Well-Known Member

wait just a tick, you paid $360 for a T-Shirt??

18. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

I was getting the discount and free int'l shipping earlier too then stopped working. they're having problems with it. They will be emailing when it's sorted out. if you guys are patient it will be taken care of in due time.

19. zazaza

zazaza Well-Known Member

appreciate the update

20. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

I had the same response. I hope you got a tshirt and a check for $340.