1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Artking3

Artking3 Well-Known Member

Fedex and UPS both have their problems, but I've had very few issues with either. On the other hand, last christmas sales I ordered something which was delivered using Fedex. Only it never arrived. I checked 2 weeks later and the delivery had been cancelled and the item returned (and sold to someone else). I got my refund but not my item.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. umhaha84

umhaha84 Well-Known Member

LOL is Namor Saudi rich?

3. curzon

curzon Well-Known Member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti
    ^ More like Qatari rich.

4. ggoofer

ggoofer Well-Known Member

Seems like they have been adding things here and there to Porter sale (some Filson that wasn't there before)

5. dsoren

dsoren Well-Known Member

Placed a TBS order yesterday and opted for standard shipping since that has always gotten it here in 2-3 days in the past. And now, when I check FedEx tracking, it says my package won't be here for a week! Have they changed their shipping methods?

6. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

No mine said a week and Fedex delivered in two days.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Second this

8. Stylego

Stylego Well-Known Member

I don't know what's worse...the fact that I completely missed this or that the website still shows what I missed.

9. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

uh not that I've ever heard of. I mean you can, but I'm pretty sure you have to pay a fee/ rent a mailbox there to do that.

yep.From UPS site-

10. Noctone

Noctone Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, it's $5. If FedEx doesn't charge for that service then count it down for another reason UPS is shit.

11. JChance

JChance Well-Known Member

They did, just got some RLBL in my size that was not there before

Note the description: New to Sale

12. thats.mana

thats.mana Well-Known Member

haha, I hate this shit. Package gets to san pablo a day or two earlier than scheduled, they send that shit to oakland until delivery day, send it back to san pablo to deliver when the ship address is El Cerrito. Clowns. I've also had fedex pretend to deliver a package when I was waiting at home, fedex ground is terrible for residential, I always send that shit to a business address with them.

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Have you ever had to pick something up from the San Pablo location? That place has to be a circle of hell. Fedex once lost track of a federally regulated package of mine and "accidentally left it in pick up rather than outgoing".

14. thats.mana

^^Fedex or ups? I've driven to Benicia fedex before never doing that shit again.

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

16. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Well-Known Member

I think FedEx improved their network so it's faster is you order from NYC and live in L.A something. Good thing about FedEx is you can request package hold at FedEx location before any delivery attempt. For UPS you can only do it after they tried once, or the shopper can do this. But I think they can only hold at their UPS warehouse or sort facility. Which is usually by the airport.

17. thats.mana

re:cyc
    I have, my experience wasn't bad, now a days I just send everything to work address.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  18. andrewgreg

FedEx ground is faster than UPS, but FedEx ground/express operates separately as two departmentI think. For overnight delivery, I perfer UPS. But FedEx is cheaper for ground shipping.

19. thats.mana

I believe they are too. When using fedex for residential they hold the packages at another facility, the trucks are also different somehow. A friend mentioned ground/residential trucks have green letters.

20. andrewgreg

They have 3 trucks for general business/residental delivery. Home delivery, Ground, and Express
    Home delivery is a dog with a parcel in the mouth, Fed[COLOR=008000]Ex[/COLOR] Ground, Fed[COLOR=FF0000]Ex [/COLOR]Express

My local fedex can hold package at FedEx store(ground/residential) but is very convenient. But for express packages, they hold it at destination sort center.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012