1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Well-Known Member

I hope you guys left room for insoles! For anyone still to order, I'd recommend going up a half (considering all the sizing info available) if you're in between. The insoles are rock hard.. even with insoles (superfeet black) my feet still hurt a bit after wearing them a full day. Mine are still fairly new though so hopefully they've yet to break in a bit more.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

hey paul would green or blue superfeet work if i remove the insole? is the insole even removable?

did you guys all get email confirmations with your orders? i gave the lady my email addy and she charged me but no email ... [​IMG]

3. snake

snake Well-Known Member

The guy I spoke with never asked for my email. He said he'd call me in 4-5 weeks when they were ready.

4. ubc121

ubc121 Well-Known Member

Be careful when you first break them in. I wore mine when I walked home from work and when I got home I was missing a patch of skin on my heel. They fit perfectly now.

5. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Well-Known Member

I choose Superfeet black because they are the smallest by volume. I originally bought the W+H boots 1/2 size smaller than my current pair and didn't have much room to spare, but definately needed insoles. So blue or green should be fine if you've got the room. The insoles in the service boots are not removable, which is why it's important to size up if you're in between sizes. My standard boot/dress shoe size is 10.5 or 11 (not exactly sure as even shoes that are said to fit TTS like Trickers/Aldens etc. don't fit me the same). So taking the advice to size down a full size puts me at 9.5 or 10, and 10 fits me perfectly with Superfeet blacks.

6. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

hey paul would green or blue superfeet work if i remove the insole? is the insole even removable?

did you guys all get email confirmations with your orders? i gave the lady my email addy and she charged me but no email ... [​IMG]

superfeet are garbage. made by people that think going more expensiv is better than dr scholl's. buy hapad. real deal stuff.

7. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Us OG Dayton + W+H owners dealt with the premise of not having an insole to remove. Walkin' on wood, mang.*

*But for real, I've yet to find a suitable insole that doesn't leave my feet barking after a couple hours of steady walking in those things. Memory foam was decent; gel insoles were a disaster. Hear lots of good about Superfeet, though.

8. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Hi5 APK, we got that sweet little fuckin insignia on ours. I gotta resole mine, went hiking/camping (in leather soles? lol) + dicking around in the rain with them too much and now the sole crapped out and split hah.

I wore them without an insole for the longest time, but I recently put the flattest superfeet in them (black?) and they are pretty comfortable. Pretty pricy for what they are though.

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

yeah superfeet are pricey but i have no real complaints other than that. i have the green for snowboard boots + running and a pair of the heel only insoles. i may need to spring for the really thin ones (i think they are blue though, not black)

10. g transistor

The really thin ones are black, at least that was what I was told when I ordered mine.

11. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I actually don't wear mine a tremendous amount because of the insole issue. Also, I think I need to get the left boot stretched a little because it's a bit snug in the toe box when I do have an insole in there.

If those thinnish foam insoles fit well, then I should look into ponying up the dough for the black Superfeet, yes?

12. g transistor

Yeah. Do you have a pair of Margiela sneakers? The insole is about that size in terms of thickness, but a little flatter at the heel, so you can try a little switcheroo to test. Mine have stretched out well because of rain usage + shoe trees after, so you might try that. They were very tight at first, to the point of being uncomfortable.

13. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I have no baller sneakers to my name, so nothing I can really compare to other than the Dr. Scholl's memory foam insole I've got in there right now. The boots aren't wildly loose without any insoles, but I've only worn them out a handful of times sans the insole for fear of foot pains from walking around on wood.

As for the tight toe, I think that's just a slight irregularity with the boot. I bought the boots used and have worn them a few dozen times myself, so I think they're about as broken in as they're going to get. Also, I recall reading in the handful of threads dedicated to the boot that a couple of people had this issue, too.

14. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

guess that's the difference between augustas and daytons. i walk all day in my augustas and my feet are just fine [​IMG]

15. Easter

Easter Well-Known Member

Is it so much trouble for them to stick a thick leather insole in there?

16. blazingazn

blazingazn Well-Known Member

I'm gonna drop by their factory tomorrow to get fitted!

Pretty excited about it.

17. blynch

blynch Well-Known Member

do they offer sizes other than EEE? My one complaint with the w+h boots is they are ginormous in the heel, would almost get a pair of these if I could get them in a narrower heel.

18. blazingazn

do they offer sizes other than EEE? My one complaint with the w+h boots is they are ginormous in the heel, would almost get a pair of these if I could get them in a narrower heel.

it's completely custom fitted to your foot.

there's 10+ measurements they take.

19. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

it's completely custom fitted to your foot.

there's 10+ measurements they take.

i want to get fitted, but i don't have measuring tape at the moment T_T

20. blazingazn

i want to get fitted, but i don't have measuring tape at the moment T_T

dollar store or fabric store.

it's only a dollar.