1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. jaychiz

jaychiz Well-Known Member

Yeah.. so..

any coupons for additional off at Context or what?

no, not now, not ever

2. skeptic

skeptic Well-Known Member

US has $200 exemption (only $100 for gifts?!) for duties through the mail.

3. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Well-Known Member

^ meaning if the value is less than $200 they won't charge you customs?

4. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

US has $200 exemption (only $100 for gifts?!) for duties through the mail.

That's awesome if true.

5. nycxandy

nycxandy Well-Known Member

Tres Bien Shop

6. nycxandy

nycxandy Well-Known Member

Edit: Sorry, double post.

7. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when Roden Gray does their second round of markdowns?

They normally dont till late winter/early spring time and thats the very last thats left.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

any discount codes for context? would be sweet if there was.

[​IMG]

9. skeptic

You won't be charged customs if the declared value is less than $200 (assuming they don't reassess it [​IMG] ), that's right. Any duties apply to the value that exceeds that amount.

10. DenimFreak411

DenimFreak411 Well-Known Member

I come in here to save money...I can read nonessential discussions somewhere else.....

11. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Well-Known Member

12. skeptic

13. chasingred

chasingred Well-Known Member

Kiosk has some new markdowns.
    Peggs and Son has been on sale for a while.

I'm sure this has been observed by many, many other people, but it is so utterly bizarre that it is the Japanese who are making and marketing this kind of stuff

http://www.peggsandson.com/jackets/u...avy.html?img=3

Utterly bizarre.

14. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been observed by many, many other people, but it is so utterly bizarre that it is the Japanese who are making and marketing this kind of stuff

http://www.peggsandson.com/jackets/u...avy.html?img=3

Utterly bizarre.

wtf? someone please school him on japanese repro brands

15. umhaha84

umhaha84 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me if Bloomingdales has different sales selection online/offline?
    asking cuz online has moncler on sale, but when I asked SA at blooming he told me they're not on sale.

thxxxx

16. chasingred

chasingred Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me if Bloomingdales has different sales selection online/offline?
    asking cuz online has moncler on sale, but when I asked SA at blooming he told me they're not on sale.

thxxxx

I've found things on sale in the store that weren't as steeply discounted online. I don't know if it works the other way around, however.

From my experience with big stores such Brooks, RL, Bloomies, and Barneys, there is often very minimal coordination between the website and brick-and-morter stores. You often find different inventories at each, and occasionally even different sales.

17. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

^ I love myself a scary story. I hear horror stories about UPS fees, but how bad is fedex?
    fedex is horrible for shipping stuff out. like jet, i had to give a break down of the materials in the trousers i was returning. and not just cotton/tencel...nooo they wanted to know what percentage!! to this day i still remember, 77%cotton, 33% tencel. they needed to know origin of country, if there were any animal-type stuff etc. for receiving, i have never ordered from a store that uses fedex, so i cant tell you anymore stories. i couldnt of been lucky, as ive ordered from oki 10-15 times (using ups) and its always been between 12 and 20 dollars. anyways i have received an email from sebastian at oki ni. he stated that oki-ni has switched their warehouse systems and they are all under DHL. therefore no more ups, and they cant just ship to a few customers via a diff method. he did offer me 20% off on my next purchase (and he will try his best to mark item as low as possible) out of good will. ill prob end up paying it to the dhl guy anyways[​IMG]

18. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

to this day i still remember, 77%cotton, 33% tencel. :

[​IMG]

19. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Fedex is a catastrophy for international shipments. They get into the most ridiculous level of details on material composition, manufacturer, etc... I am awaiting a Cabourn Cameraman coat from Norway and got a call yesterday on my cell from Fedex Customs department that went like this:

"Hello Sir this is Fedex Customs Dept"
    "Hi how are you?"
    "We have a shipment for you coming from Norway. Please give me the composition of the jacket"
    "I think it's cotton and wool. Didn't the shipper give this information?"
    "No sir. Is this wool or cotton then?"
    "It's both - it has cotton and wool"
    "What % of each?"
    "I don't know for sure. Can you check with the shipper?"
    "It's being sent from Norway but the jacket is made in the UK. Please provide the details of the manufacturer"
    "The brand is Nigel Cabourn (spell)"
    "What is the address of the manufacturing facility?"
    "The factory? I have no idea. Maybe look for the address of Nigel Cabourn in the UK?"
    "Not the address of the brand, Sir. The address of the manufacturing facility please"
    "I don't know that. Maybe the shipper would know?"
    "Sir, you're not giving me the information we need to process the shipment."
    "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have the information!? Please check with the shipper"
    "OK but you need to be aware it will delay the shipment. It would be faster if you gave the information now"
    "I do not have the information you're asking for!! You need to ask the shipper"
    "OK we'll ask the shipper then"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. snake

snake Well-Known Member

wow that's unreal