1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Gavin

Gavin Well-Known Member

I'd e-mail them before ordering, either they fucked up with the pics or the model number, but they don't match

Edit: The second one's pics are definitely the Union Starrs (back pocket star and the fact that the patch says Union Starr) and the first definitely the 66s (plain back pocket and MADE IN USA stamped patch), hope they send you the right ones

Yeah, I just emailed explaining that and asked that they be sure that they send me the 1966s. I ordered the correct model number so I'm sure I'll be fine.

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Do you guys think it's possible to remove the star in the back pocket of those jeans? I hate it...still deciding whehter I should get them
    It would be a hassle but not impossible with a seam ripper, it's a tiny detail though (although come to think of it a lot of people notice the silver indigo leaf on my PBJs so maybe it'd catch the eyes of strangers, what's wrong with people staring at your ass though?)

3. poodlerock

poodlerock Well-Known Member

I'm also fairly certain they have stacked leather soles, not "wood."

I thought the Florsheim by duckie brown was made in India

4. zacharydschroeder

zacharydschroeder Well-Known Member

just kawped some 1966's for $96. That beats the 5ep SDZs I got for $115 last year from Revolve!

5. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Not much left but if I'm a 30 in Skulls, what would I want in Sugarcane? 30 as well?

6. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

Elf edge has some great sizzing charts

7. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

I see the numbers but a lot of people are saying ignore that and size down as SC stretches a bunch. Just wondering if anyone here has a pair of their own to see if I should bother.

8. Piroshky

Piroshky Well-Known Member

I see the numbers but a lot of people are saying ignore that and size down as SC stretches a bunch. Just wondering if anyone here has a pair of their own to see if I should bother.
    My SC's have stretched from a 30.4" to an exact 32" over 6 months of non-belt wear. I don't think they stretch all that much comparatively (APC). But be careful in regards to the fit, as sizing down can do funny things with the stock proportions, because there is not a whole lot of crotch space, and depending on what model you get (I have '47s) they're meant to be a certain way (straight-leg, straight-fit) and sizing down can lead to odd proportions. I would recommend buying TTS and wearing a belt or going down 1. Hopefully this doesn't seem preachy, I don't mean to assume what you were going to do. I am a 30 in SC's, but unfortunately I do not have my pre-wear, post-soak measurements. I can get you some current measurements if you'd like.

9. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

I think for the most part that SC denim stretches, but not crazy amounts.

10. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Thanks, think I'll save my money and not risk it. Great prices for Sugar Canes though.

11. pg600rr

pg600rr Well-Known Member

So are the 1966s these ones or these ones?

they both look fucking hideious... is that how they really look or is it bad pics... the crotch has wayy too much bunching of fabric and the rise is wayy high.

12. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

they both look fucking hideious... is that how they really look or is it bad pics... the crotch has wayy too much bunching of fabric and the rise is wayy high.

its called workwear. i can totally see daiki suzuki wearing those

13. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

Re legit price, it depends. On Stylezeitgeist, it's not legit unless it is about as much your month's grocery bill, which, incidentally, works out just right because you weren't planning to eat anyway. On Superfuture, legit is the price for a used pair after 20 "to the tops". On Styleforum, it's the price of the materials. So, for Crate jeans, assuming a very liberal 3.5 yards of denim at an even more liberal $6/yard, that's just under $20.

Of course, in Ghulkan's inflationary world, legit is 150% of retail.

The legit price of Common Projects is always 60% off retail.

That makes me wonder what sz would consider legit for a ccp leather fencing jacket?

14. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Well-Known Member

ndg, everything is 70% downstairs. band of outsiders, wings + horns, ervell and common projects.

Upstair almost eveverything is 70% except for the jeans. They still have the shawl cardigan in M/L.

15. pg600rr

pg600rr Well-Known Member

ndg, everything is 70% downstairs. band of outsiders, wings + horns, ervell and common projects.

Upstair almost eveverything is 70% except for the jeans. They still have the shawl cardigan in M/L.

do they do send sales?

16. dragonz

dragonz Well-Known Member

Do you happen to know if they still have a lot of stock left or just left over sizes? Thanks in advance.

17. mellowfellow

most of size smalls are sold out. If you are an m/l then you're in luck.

18. dragonz

dragonz Well-Known Member

most of size smalls are sold out. If you are an m/l then you're in luck.

Guess I'm out of luck then, was mostly interested in some CP achilles in size 8-9, BoO and wing + horns small. Might check it out anyway. Thanks though!

19. mellowfellow

they have a pair of common projects white rubberized achilles in a size 41 and a few dress shoes in 41-42. Those are very good deals at 70% off. Jump on it.

20. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

do they do send sales?

would also like to know