1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. long_knives

long_knives Well-Known Member

You had to call them to figure that out?

1 person likes this.
  2. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

Wow, how annoying. I have only been slowly buying stuff off my wishlist.. just called customer care and yep. Non Returnable. They don't even give you the option on your order. She said its a new thing that rolled out last night. Really sneaky of them.

3. scanner

I called as well to clarify. I originally thought Final Sale meant final reductions, as this is what they've done in the past. I personally can't find anywhere on the FAQ that it says non returnable and they don't have any further info to be seen on the final sale part. Might as well just say Non Returnable.

4. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

i'm sure you can get some leniency since they did sneak that in and there are contradicting statements elsewhere on the site. next time though, buyer beware.

5. scanner

Yeah the lady was able to put note on my orders from last night to allow a return process if I called in because they were taken from my wish list but other than that she won't be able to do much moving forward.

6. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

hah true, if you went straight from wish list you'd have no clue. surprised by this misstep from MP

7. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

In the UK you can't have FINAL SALE. Consumer Law overrides what the store wants to do. Everything is returnable if pruchased with-in the Euorzone. Usually have 14 days from delivery.

I was considering ordering something from the USA site - having it shipped to a friend in NYC, and have him bring it over when he visits in August (MP add the import duties if you have it shipped direct). I've ended up ordering it from MP UK as at least I will have the return option, cost a little more though.

8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

Were they marked as final sale last night? I don't recall seeing that when I looked last night.

9. yanks

yanks Active Member

They weren't marked last night. I took a screenshot just in case

10. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Aye, same in Sweden. Applies to online purchases only though, not in store.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  11. fiefiefie

fiefiefie Member

12. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

Interesting from Mr Porter that they're putting "Final Sale" on everything, whether 30% or 80% off. I can definitely see doing it for items at 80% off or even 70% off. Perhaps it's just since this is the final round of markdowns since they've hit 80% off?

1 person likes this.
  13. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

I have an Amex business card that can override this. I haven't tried it in a long time, but they will back you up of you don't want an item, wrong size and, of course, defect. Generic MC and visa won't do this.

14. jsimonovis413

jsimonovis413 Well-Known Member

All AMEX cards I believe have purchase protection. My personal card does, although I have never used it. Not sure if the amount varies, mine is up to $300.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  15. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

some people are simply being willfully ignorant. I've always taken final sale to mean all sales final, which means no-returns or exchanges. there's a reason why shit is marked down at a heavy discount.

16. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

yeah but it's a new practice for them. would have been nicer if they just started charging for returns, but eh, can't complain too much. I'm sure the site will turn to shit eventually (some will argue it already has) but it's still a nice sale

17. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Well-Known Member

Yeah, i don't recall anything marked as Final Sale last night. I made a purchase of a pair of shoes that was the last pair available and my fear is that they're scuffed/basically seconds quality and i wouldn't be able to return them.

My receipt doesn't say anything about Final Sale, however.

18. DaVinci

DaVinci Well-Known Member

They started updating items to final sale today at 10:00AM EST.

1 person likes this.
  19. thedavidmurray

thedavidmurray Well-Known Member

Amex doubles existing return windows and can offer purchase protection, but I don't believe they will allow you to return something that is marked "Final Sale". I'm positive they will work with you to correct an issue, but I believe their return policy for non-returnable items is dedicated to broken or defective goods.

Good luck.

20. jsimonovis413

jsimonovis413 Well-Known Member

30% off stuff is also final sale. I wouldn't call anyone willfully ignorant.