• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part of veilance's selling point is being bland though.

And to be fair the Galvanic coat actually looks pretty good when done correctly. Clearly not the case here though.
No! The selling point is the construction and material of the garment, and many are minimalistic not bland.

Last edited:

Isachenko

Reaction score
All that effort for a Peter Millar jacket?
confused.gif

The jacket in the pic's an L or XL. I ordered an M and should fit well contrarily to the collapsed look sans model. I posted to show the color more which I really like, there a couple things I'd change in the design but overall I'm really happy with it. I looked at thousands of different coats over the past week, so did the best I could. Couple other ones interested me were way out of my price range so can't complain.

Also I'm tired of bulky restrictive coats including a navy lambskin shearling I have that's too warm, rather wear multiple non-thick layers with cashmere cardis and this thin wool jacket to stay warm yet light.

I'm just wondering when the Neiman store will honor my purchase, I got a little impatient on the third phone call.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you happy with it if you haven't even seen it in person?

Isachenko

Reaction score
Well it looked good on the Neiman model. Thanks for making me worry now.
happy.gif

Isachenko

Reaction score
BostonHedon,

None of your fitpics show how long the toggle coat is.. stylistically it appears too long, not just functionally as the sleeves are.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the Official Sales Alert Thread, not the recent purchases, waywt thread, RFT nor any other thread. Can we spot posting random unrelated things?

Barneys sale should start tomorrow officially

kentpope

Reaction score

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between Barney's pre-sale and the sale starting "officially"? More stuff on sale or deeper discounts?

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the Official Sales Alert Thread, not the recent purchases, waywt thread, RFT nor any other thread. Can we spot posting random unrelated things?

At last ... A second chance...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between Barney's pre-sale and the sale starting "officially"? More stuff on sale or deeper discounts?

Pre-sale meaning, you are able to have the store set aside the goods anticipated to be included now before the mark downs go live in-store and online ya dig. George Carlin is rolling in his grave right now (am I too old to be using that reference?)...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We must persevere for a couple more weeks Tonio. When sales end, so do lurker/new posts.

kentpope

Reaction score
Pre-sale meaning, you are able to have the store set aside the goods anticipated to be included now before the mark downs go live in-store and online ya dig. George Carlin is rolling in his grave right now (am I too old to be using that reference?)...

Gotcha. I was confused because there's a bunch of 40% off stuff that went up last week.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Gotcha. I was confused because there's a bunch of 40% off stuff that went up last week.

Barney's always starts their sales with a bunch of crappy coop stuff for a while before putting the better stuff on sale.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's the time of year where CM buys out their Crockett and Jones stock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads