1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I can't answer that, sorry. All I know is, if there is something out of stock from one part of the world, you can request that they find available stock in another part of the world to get transferred over, and you pay from your countries official Mr. Porter, site.

2. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

Is this true? I wanted a pair of jeans in a certain size sold out on the US site but available on the UK site but they would not transfer the item.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

black friday sales are about to heat up

this next month is the best and only time worth visiting this threak

4. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

I was able to do it for a coat last year from Slowear(which I didn't buy, and ended up going on sale for U.S customers). I guess certain brands may not apply.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  5. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

Mulan,

did you contact Mr. Porter US or UK to make that transfer to the US (or are they one and the same)? Maybe I'll try again.

6. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

I contacted Mr.Porter US to make the transfer from another country (don't remember which). Simply spoke to one of their customer reps through their online chat that pops up every now and then.

7. ambyance

ambyance Well-Known Member

8. lomaxbernie

lomaxbernie Well-Known Member

Has anyone else had any luck with these daily Vente-Privee sales? They've had some incredible prices (LVC sweats for $25-30, Barbour jackets from $30-80, etc.) but either everything is selling out in seconds or they're not actually stocking much.

9. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

combo of both low stock and fast sellouts, finally had some luck today with duchamp ties and barbour liddesdales

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  10. patttttt

patttttt Member

In the last couple of weeks I picked up some Shun knives and a Canali blazer on Ventee. Great prices, but the Canali stuff looked to go really fast and I got one of the last ones available. Neither order has shipped, so that's not a strong selling point.

11. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

wife got lots of missoni for cheap from vp, haven't seen anything tempting for me though

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  12. bluemax

bluemax Well-Known Member

Helmut Lang just started 40% off.

13. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Well-Known Member

Is Barneys Warehouse seconds? Like the outlet shops, or are they still a good deal. Great deals actuall

14. ScuffedBluchers

I mean... What does this sentence mean?!

Yes, the product sold on BarneysWarehouse.com is first quality; however, the product and packaging may not be in its original condition.

15. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Well-Known Member

The items should not have any defects, but they'll likely come in a plastic bag that might not be how it was originally sold. I know from experience that if you do get something with defects or damage, they allow you to return the item (no returns for other reasons).

16. ScuffedBluchers

Awesome man I just saved a little over $100 on some Weird Guys

17. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

they take ~3 weeks to ship

18. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

I got two pairs of Redwings or £70 a pair from one of the UK ones, but that was getting on the sale within 10 minutes of it opening. 30 minutes later there was nothing left in popular sizes. Note - if you do order from them expect a month for shipping.

19. JonnyD2128

JonnyD2128 Active Member

Just got my items today from Barney's Warehouse sale. Order it on Wednesday free shipping.. Super fast delivery!

And yes, the quality of the products is what I would expect. Although the packaging was pretty basic. Both items were together in some folding wrap. Could be an issue with dyed items with white tee's for example, but overall no complaints here.