• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thenewjs

Reaction score
I've never been hit with customs duties but I have been wondering... how the hell do they enforce them? If you don't pay the bill for $20, $30, $40 whatever in duties what do they do send the repo guy after you to take your CP's?!!
I wonder this myself. I have recieve a couple those things from FedEx. Never paid. I bought an item on ebay as described as being in the US and it shipping outside the country. Fedex later sent me a bill and I was like f-that. They eventually stop sending them.

linds_15

Reaction score
pay the ******* bill man, thats the kind of stuff that comes back to you later on. anytime ive ever been charged customs or duty they make you pay it at delivery, and don't release until the fees have been paid. If you don't think they care about 20$, they do since once they collect 100k of receipts where people don't pay, a collection agency will buy em all

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pay the ******* bill man, thats the kind of stuff that comes back to you later on. anytime ive ever been charged customs or duty they make you pay it at delivery, and don't release until the fees have been paid. If you don't think they care about 20$, they do since once they collect 100k of receipts where people don't pay, a collection agency will buy em all

oh ya I agree. just that a lot of guys have said they received bills later in the mail and those are the type I was referring to. I've never received one... I was just wondering. didn't mean to :stirpot:

Last edited:

linds_15

Reaction score

oh ya I agree. just that a lot of guys have said they received bills later in the mail and those are the type I was referring to. I've never received one... I was just wondering. didn't mean to :stirpot:

yea i guess i came off as a little harsh. its just you'd be surprised at how many people get screwed later in time when they are applying for credit for something, and a trivial 20$ comes back to and hits em hard. its not the money at that point its the fact you avoided a payment you legally owe right.

jeannoob

Reaction score
For anyone looking for a pair of Red wings, PLNDR (surprisingly) has some discounted. Orders over $75 get an additional 40% off and free shipping as well (code Greenmon). Some sizes still left. Copped a pair of chukkas for $80.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yea i guess i came off as a little harsh. its just you'd be surprised at how many people get screwed later in time when they are applying for credit for something, and a trivial 20$ comes back to and hits em hard. its not the money at that point its the fact you avoided a payment you legally owe right.

Definitely pay it.

They can ding your credit and it can look really bad.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely pay it.
They can ding your credit and it can look really bad.

This. It happened to a friend of mine. They turned him over, he didn't know as he switched addresses....and now it's on his credit.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duck that shiz, have him appeal that ****. I'm sure something can be done about it.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For anyone looking for a pair of Red wings, PLNDR (surprisingly) has some discounted. Orders over $75 get an additional 40% off and free shipping as well (code Greenmon). Some sizes still left. Copped a pair of chukkas for $80.

And I thought I was done with this workwear stuff.... Bought 2 pairs :cloud:

jeannoob

Reaction score
I would've gotten two as well but they didn't have my size in the 9161 :(

hobojones

Reaction score
^Bless you that was nightmarish ...

EDIT: you didn't miss out because you get an error if you try to stack the -$5 discount with the code.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads