1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Beyond that UM charges $10 shipping (which seems pretty reasonable), I'm pretty sure you can't buy current season beams+ and kapital mail order from Japan for 25% US retail. Maybe some scraps on rakuten, whose sellers also list small sizes (I'm a 42/44 US = huge by japan standards). If I'm wrong feel free to post links to where I can buy F/W 2013 beams+ shirts for $40-50.

2. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Does maas and stacks go past 50%?

3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

UM has a small, but nice Chimala selection, and I haven't seen better prices elsewhere - Japan or otherwise. I'd love to be corrected though.

4. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Beams+ shirt retail is 8-10k yen
    Jackets are 18-30k yen I believe for non tailored stuff

Should be able to find a store that would ship it

Probably easier to just get from a US stocklist but he is close in terms of absolute pricing. Japanese retail price point model is a lot different from US though think GDL had clearest explanation

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  5. dareone

dareone Well-Known Member

it's disappointing that a lot of the beams+ stuff is actually made in china, and not japan..

1 person likes this.
  6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

It's been discussed a few times before. Beams+ is essentially well done fast fashion in Japan. It's not some sort of heritage brand or whatever people here make it out to be.

7. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

I think they stop at 50% and store whatever doesn't sell, then hold an in-store sale every once in a while for bigger discounts.

8. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

True, beams is not viewed as highly japan as it is here. But then again same can be said for Uniqlo and a lot of other brands from japan (i know there are numerous articles written on the subject). Also, Beams is not the only brand to have a huge markup on international pricing. Just look at how ridiculous it is for Julius and Devoa for example... which can get up to 2x the price when items are around $300-400 domestically.

Just want to be fair to beams as well.

But to answer the original point, most people just are too damn lazy to learn how to proxy and don't want to deal with it (returns are a PITA), which I'd say is the main reason people don't do it.

9. dareone

dareone Well-Known Member

yes, i'm sure it's been discussed numerous times. a lot of the styles from beams is heritage / american work-wear inspired. i'm not knocking on beams in anyway, it is still well made, and relatively well-priced garments. i've been wearing it ever since they were made strictly in japan...

10. hefner

hefner Well-Known Member

I just received the one I ordered from them the other day. Beautifully and artfully wrapped, if that matters to you. The stark is actually the army green mix, despite what the website says. BTW, I used the code SIRHILLARY15 for an additional 15% off.

I was impressed by service Mutiny DC provided and the stark looks good and fits very well.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

^ thanks so much for the code and to kenneth cole for OG post. worked on the sns

12. nevergreen

nevergreen Well-Known Member

anyone know if indigo & cotton will be going lower?

13. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Well-Known Member

Does Haberdash have a free shipping code? Just want a pair of socks and don't want to pay 10 bucks to ship them

14. reezy

reezy Well-Known Member

Fuck...ordered Memento and could have used that code.

15. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

Got a H&M Magazine in the mail

...25% off one item
    - Code: 8953

Out of there stock I would grab there chelsea boots
    [​IMG]

16. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Don't know, but at some point, they just put stuff up on their eBay account (which goes by their store name). From memory, a lot of that stuff either ends or starts around 50% retail price anyway.

17. levku

levku Well-Known Member

ssense - extra 20% off

18. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

FWIW if you are interested in Siki Im, Project No.8 has some items still available and supposedly has gone 50 to 65% off..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andrew was very helpful so I'd thought to share here. Sizes are 48-50 but there are smaller sizes if you are interested. The bomber FWIW fits small due to the padding

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

None of that posted correctly. Nothing's on their site either.

20. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Guess you'll have to wait till tomorrow

Tease