1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Well-Known Member

the buttero soles have more room in the toe area because it does not taper off as hard a s the cps, you can size down 0.5 from your cp size if you can't find your cp size, but cp size would be fine too

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

+1. the video is fantastic

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I wear the same size as in CPs, and find Butteros extremely comfortable. That said, by feet are so beat up from decades (holy cow, literally now), of running, both short and long distance, backcountry hiking, and kickboxing, that seriously, unless my toes are actually ramming up against the shoe, or squeezing so hard on my wider than usual forefoot that they actually start to go numb, I find shoes reasonably comfortable.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

5. dgsdm

dgsdm Well-Known Member

Is the men's half yearly sale at Nordstrom different from the one they have in July? I was hoping to get some AE Strands on sale this year but I guess they don't have them?

6. thenewjs

thenewjs Well-Known Member

No its the same. The longer it it, bigger the discount. July is when the biggest discounts happen.

7. dgsdm

dgsdm Well-Known Member

Oooh okay thanks! I'm trying to buy some clothes for work like some dress shirts, pants, belts.. does that mean I should wait until July for bigger discounts?

Any recommendations for business casual basics? I literally need almost everything from shoes, pants, belts.. I started work recently and I need to build my business wardrobe.. the Nordstrom sales list is HUGE.

There seems to be a lot of sales going on everywhere in general..

8. ThinkDerm

:slayer: sales will increase as the summer wears on.

9. thenewjs

Its not a guarantee they will still have your size or the item.

10. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Nope.

The half yearly sale going on now is when the past season stuff is marked down. This is when you're much more likely to find SF Approved items. Believe it or not, some Nordstroms carry RO, Lanvin, Marni, Michael Bastian, APC, etc.

The July sale is the yearly anniversary sale when new season stuff goes on sale. Most of the new stuff is kinda crappy store label items or brand like North Face, etc. But if you're looking for non closeout Allen Edmonds it's worth looking. They do pre-sale for things. I forgot the exact date, but I think an SA told me pre-sale starts July 5th.

It is true however that stuff from the half yearly sale will still be around during the Anniversary sale and will be reaching its lowest price before being shipped off to the Rack where it oddly seems to cost more.

11. ThinkDerm

this is what I was going for

12. dgsdm

dgsdm Well-Known Member

This helps a lot, thank you!

Does anyone know if the John W Nordstrom Trim White Dress Shirt is worth buying at the price? How is the fit and quality? I'm on a budget.. but looking for something decent quality.

13. thenewjs

Its still the same stuff from june to july with newer stuff added later. They dont stop the half yearly it just converts over and usually at a deeper disco.

Only thing that changes is the name.

14. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

You seem to be having trouble understanding the distinction.
    Half Yearly sale is stuff that's been on the shelves for a while. It's like every other end of season sale at every retailer. It's going to be on sale until it's gone. There are further markdowns.
    Anniversary Sale has new fall stuff on sale. At the end of the Anniversary Sale, the stuff remains on the shelves and the price goes up. There are no further markdowns.
    Since the Men's Half Yearly starts in June, it overlaps with the Anniversary Sale.
    The Women's Half Yearly started in May. Just about everything is gone now and it doesn't really overlap.

If you grew up in Seattle, you leaned this shit.

2 people like this.
  15. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

ugh who cares about nordstrom

2 people like this.
  16. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

Might cop the junya quilted bball jacket from nordstrom if it drops a bit more

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Please, don't pretend you're not eyeing that 14 piece stainless steel frying pots and pans collection by Calphalon Home

1 person likes this.
  18. thenewjs

I did say newer is stuff added.

In houston they still have a lot of mens stuff left over from the half yearly and when the aniversery sale starts and they both grouped together. They just change the name.

19. thenewjs

It should, the sale just started. Will it still there for the subsequent drops is the question.

20. sirsammyd

sirsammyd Member

I was looking at that one too. Already %40 off and only medium and large sizes left though.