• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

**** I hope the ultra tight fit never comes back on for men.  So tired of seeing tight jeans, weird flannels, and common projects.

You must live on the internet then, because I've seen CPs once or twice in my life in the wild.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You must live on the internet then, because I've seen CPs once or twice in my life in the wild.

Agreed, I haven't. Remember, not because everyone here might have something, means everyone has it. Heck, not even everyone here has CPs.

warrenjl1

Reaction score

Last week the sale went live to Found. Members in USA. I read sale was supposed to go live to public today. Guess that wasn't true.

I'm a founding member, but have only have three orders to my name, all sale items, in the last year. Would they "revoke" my founding member status for something like this? Hah. I can't see any sale stuff.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a comment meant to imply that people are being ridiculous by continually asking about a Mr Porter sale, written in a sarcastic tone. It rests somewhere in between "chill out, bro" and "STFU WITH THE PORTER SALE ALREADY!!" along the spectrum of possible comments. While one might recall the lesson our dear mothers might have imparted on us (that is, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"), one might be forced to read one hundred more MR PORTER sale comments today, if it is left alone. Truly, the implication of my making such a response is only to point out the underlying Zen philosophy of if you do not see it, then it does not exist. So, really, I am doing them a favor by helping calm their nerves and be more at peace with the world.

Last edited:

warrenjl1

Reaction score

It is a comment meant to imply that people are being ridiculous by continually asking about a Mr Porter sale, written in a sarcastic tone. It rests somewhere in between "chill out, bro" and "STFU WITH THE PORTER SALE ALREADY!!" along the spectrum of possible comments. While one might recall the lesson our dear mothers might have imparted on us (that is, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"), one might be forced to read one hundred more MR PORTER sale comments today, if it is left alone. Truly, the implication of my making such a response is only to point out the underlying Zen philosophy of if you do not see it, then it does not exist. So, really, I am doing them a favor by helping calm their nerves and be more at peace with the world.

Haha. Fair enough. Cheers zen master.

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the ridiculous..."I iz a Porter fwunder....how duz i c da salez?" question that pops up every 2 pages.

It's been covered tens of times...put item in your basket...deduction appears at check out. :brick:

Last edited:

Feji

Reaction score

It's the ridiculous...'I" iz a Porter fwunder....how duz i c da salez?" question that pops up every 2 pages.
It's been covered tens of times...put item in your basket...deduction appears at check out. :brick:

The more ridiculous aspect is how many non founders know how the founders sale works.

Alphataru

Reaction score
Yes, it's annoying to see questions asked 100 times over. However, rather than cluster the thread during SALES SEASON, why not just ignore the posts?

So, rather than having 1 post per page asking about porter, we now have 1 post asking about porter sales, and 10 posts ridiculing the person posting it.

Again, rather than flood the thread with absolute useless ****, just ignore the post, and the thread will be much cleaner.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, rather than having 1 post per page asking about porter, we now have 1 post asking about porter sales, and 10 posts ridiculing the person posting it.

And soon to be 100 posts criticizing the 10 posts ridiculing the one post asking about it. It is a given that the internet grows exponentially each day.:teach:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads