• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official S/s 2012 Runway Thread ***

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks shah
cheers.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
YSL trench of the future
00150m.jpg
--------- I feel bad. There was so much good in the McQueen show but most people are too stubborn to acknowledge it.

Those shoes are
drool.gif
Yes, but it has lost it's McQueen-ness. I suppose Burton shouldn't be expected to just keep copying the McQueen style, but with a line as hard-hitting as McQueen, maybe they should have just let it die.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Paul Smith was too safe for my liking Hermes was nice, super casual though CDG H+ was the best show so far Givenchy shock will probably wear off after a couple months, the prints will be nice so long as they aren't all combined like the runway looks (those ecru pants are pretty damn nice) Phillip Lim was my second favorite, the ombre/degrade pants and green patent wedge soles sooooo good (Fair warning, all pics are hi-res so don't complain if you open the spoiler)
Lim_SS12a.jpg
Lim_SS12b.jpg
Lim_SS12c.jpg
Lim_SS12d.jpg
Lim_SS12f.jpg
Lim_SS12h.jpg
Lim_SS12i.jpg
Lim_SS12l.jpg
Lim_SS12o.jpg
Lim_SS12q.jpg
Lim_SS12t.jpg
Lim_SS12u.jpg
Lim_SS12v.jpg
Lim_SS12x.jpg
Lim_SS12y.jpg
Lim_SS12z4.jpg

Also, WTFITS?
Thom_SS12_Det2.jpg
Thom_SS12_Det6.jpg
Thom_SS12_Det8.jpg
Lanvin_SS12_Det2.jpg

jaspar

Reaction score
I thought Paul Smith show was the best in years.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Yes, but it has lost it's McQueen-ness. I suppose Burton shouldn't be expected to just keep copying the McQueen style, but with a line as hard-hitting as McQueen, maybe they should have just let it die.
Could be that. I never liked McQueen's menswear compared to his womens, except for F/W 08 and a couple looks each season. Burton seems to do a good job in making the menswear something interesting. Every season couldn't be this:
00440m.jpg

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
There are instances when Andrej Pejic catches me off guard. He's a sneaky bastard

Yes he is lol

39811184.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

omgcookielol

Reaction score
The Julius leather man bra looks awesome. Will probably pick one up to complete my dystopian archer costume.
laugh.gif

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
while we at it, here's a review

http://fashionologyv2.weebly.com/ist...s-venezia.html

An article "To Throw a Piece of Clothe onto the Body"
http://fashionologyv2.weebly.com/dam...versation.html

and that damned scarf that has eluded me thus
8076967.jpg

Interesting stuff. Can't ever see myself wearing DD, but I def respect what he puts out there.

Did anyone else notice that the last 2 pics in that article are of that guy 'chant' or something like that from SuFu and SZ.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Yes he's the author

pteroaltum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
John Varvatos S/S 12 [...] Same safe layered collections he is always known for. Fan of the tan and camel color palette used for this season. Always enjoy his runway as a show in itself since on the street no one is able to pull off anything of his other than a suit. Really meant for nothing other than models and rockstars.
Come now. You can't mean that. While the rule-of-thumb on the unwearability of runway looks is true, I do find many John Varvatos' catwalk looks to be quite wearable. At the very least, I can see myself in them...on the street...and not feel misplaced. And while I am neither a model nor a rockstar, I do feel like both when wearing them.
laugh.gif
Vain. I know.
blush.gif
Memorial Day found me wearing this. Had lots of: "Why are you rolling your [Buckler] dress pants?" Lots of fun.
00190big_320x480.jpg
00250big_320x480.jpg
This past Sunday, I imitated this 2012 runway look (left) with 2011 pieces (right).
00090big_320x480.jpg
00030big_320x480.jpg
One fun thing I learn from watching his styling is that I can skip undershirts altogether, and use accessories (i.e. scarves) to hide any unnecessarily exposed skin. The first hint of fall will find me in these two SS2011 looks.
00010big_320x480.jpg
00340big_320x480.jpg
--- SS2012 is getting me really into his Star USA line (even that "jump suit"
blush.gif
). I am definitely going to try and see if I can pull off the romantic yet bad-ass, personality-laden vibes that those models are exuding.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I think JV stuff is fairly wearable, but damn, he has not done anything new in years. I feel like he's starting to parody himself. And I say this as someone who used to really like his stuff. Also, I gotta say that OTR, JV fits terribly. I tried on a "small" shadow plaid JV shirt the other day because I really liked the fabric, but the chest had to measure 40 or 42 and the armholes were huge. It just looked like a shadow plaid blouse. Not good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads