• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official POLO Blue Label Thread

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Polo! this is your best post, ever. Polo!

Don't get carried away. Saturdays was the first to post this video in the other thread

Haha yeah.. did it just to clarify why people think Polo is a diluted brand, or that its meant for 'lower class'... (both not my complete opinion). But it goes to show that a lot of people think its a status symbol and when someone who does not 'qualify' for the status buys it, especially with the giant logo, they are only buying it for the status.

Personally, think that Polo is an accessible brand, one that people of all status can buy and appreciate - that is why its so amazing. The attitude and style people wear the brand in though is another story. Some wear it in a very styled manner layered polo with silk cable-knit sweater and white chinos/denim wrapped in a tough brown belt, whereas others pair a Big Pony at 2 times their size with a pair of jean shorts.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saturdays, I've been watching Jose Hustle's videos tonight. They are quite entertaining.

Who the heck is this guy? Some heir? He drives a Maserati and attends Tuskegee as an undergrad.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saturdays, I've been watching Jose Hustle's videos tonight. They are quite entertaining.
Who the heck is this guy? Some heir? He drives a Maserati and attends Tuskegee as an undergrad.

I really don't know. He got famous from that 'been had polo' video. I can give a rats ass about who he is. Looks like a big tool to me.
He apparently has a Gallardo and a Camaro as well as a few other cars from what I can see. But I've only seen a couple of his videos a few years ago when it was a popular video.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
been had bread. lol ima be been had cordovan. am.i.right? been had

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I really don't know. He got famous from that 'been had polo' video. I can give a rats ass about who he is. Looks like a big tool to me.
He apparently has a Gallardo and a Camaro as well as a few other cars from what I can see. But I've only seen a couple of his videos a few years ago when it was a popular video.

been had bread. lol ima be been had cordovan. am.i.right? been had

NAMOR, I'm thinking you're the guy to do a "Been Had Upper-Tier Polo Line" vid. Don't you have a bunch of C&J for RL?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah...

Lindrick
Marlow PTB
Marlow Wingtip
Penny Loafer
Tassel Loafer

after watching this ish, I feel like jose cordovan. :fu:

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like they have changed prices and removed some items from the sale overnight.
The loafers (whatever remaining sizes there are) are back to $477 pre-code and one of the items I was debating - the classic tuxedo is no longer on sale.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to get the tasseled cordovan loafers at 300. PTB+Wingtip+Tassel= Enough from RL.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got my rugby order but not the RL itself order.

The shetland sweater is nice and seems to fit well...I'm wearing it now. The leather patches are a little dry/cheap feeling (on account of the fact that they are "distressed") so I might try brushing them with a little lexol but otherwise I am wearing it now and quite happy with the sale price.
Also got a pair of cords...or rather the same pair in 2 sizes. The 34x34 is just right although maybe a pinch big in the waist. The 33x32 is too short but also was very hard to put on...one would think that with a 34 being almost too big, the 33 would be perfect.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know who makes the wallingford suede boots for RL?

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems like they have changed prices and removed some items from the sale overnight.
The loafers (whatever remaining sizes there are) are back to $477 pre-code and one of the items I was debating - the classic tuxedo is no longer on sale.

Hope they honor the old price/price adjustment calls or I'd be very disappointed.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah that video brings back memories haha. either XXL or the Source actually interviewed him for one of their polo writeups.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads