1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official new iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by sonick, Jun 7, 2010.

1. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

They are taller buildings, requiring more concrete and more rebar, and they are more densely packed.

I'm assuming this is countered by Miami's strict building codes. Also, while DC (intentionally) has shorter buildings, Miami's tallest match some of NYC's tallest. But this

would explain a lot.

2. TheD0n

TheD0n Well-Known Member

Two weeks ago I got my iPhone4 and last night I got an "unable to connect to [wifi network]" message. Apparently this might mean taking the phone back to the AT&T store. Anyone experienced this before?

3. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

Had mine for a week, nothing yet. Dumb questions: have you restarted your phone? Have you turned your WiFi off and on? That usually solved it on my iPhone 2G.

4. holymadness

holymadness Well-Known Member

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

installed 4.2 last night. just meh. a lot of hoopla over nothing.

the AirPrint thing is a joke. only 10 printers are compatible right now.
    Find My iPhone is cool, but I already have mobileme.

at least they fixed some USB connectivity problems i was having with my car audio system. 4.0 worked fine, 4.1 didn't work at all after 5 seconds of play time, 4.2 fixed.

6. holymadness

Srsly? Folders, multitasking, airplay, game center, unified inbox and threaded messaging is nothing?

I don't own an iPad but when I used my father's in October it was painful.

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

ahh was talking about the update for iPhone. iPad, it is a big update.

8. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

I got drunk over the weekend and threw my iPhone3gs into a brick wall so I went and got the version 4. Not bad. I like the metal rather than the plastic and the screen is noticeably better.

9. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

If you have iPhone + Apple TV it's a big update too...I guess.

10. TheD0n

TheD0n Well-Known Member

The feature I look forward to most is the 17 new messaging tones because the original 6 suck.

11. TheD0n

TheD0n Well-Known Member

The feature I look forward to most is the 17 new messaging tones because the original 6 suck.
    Update: the new ones are even worse - I don't want to hear a 5-second tone every time I receive a text.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I got drunk over the weekend and threw my iPhone3gs into a brick wall so I went and got the version 4. Not bad. I like the metal rather than the plastic and the screen is noticeably better.
    Sounds like a Conne moment; if Conne didn't throw like a girl.

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

How are people still buying these things knowing they are defective? I mean, I know why Apple does it, because they are soulless cocksuckers who don't give a shit about their customers, but I just can't wrap my head around that. Plus, they stopped the case program, which I really don't understand. The whole thing just boggles the mind.

14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Find my iphone works perfectly, should have had this from the start.

15. skywalker

skywalker Well-Known Member

Find my iphone works perfectly, should have had this from the start.
    seriously, eventually many phones start getting the features and apple has to give in. Sigh. I'm still waiting to see if the iphone 4 comes out for verizon, I know rumors have been going around. I trust WSJ though, so hopefully it'll be here in January. I'll be sad if it doesn't though, since I could've got it months ago on AT&T

16. holymadness

How are people still buying these things knowing they are defective? I mean, I know why Apple does it, because they are soulless cocksuckers who don't give a shit about their customers, but I just can't wrap my head around that. Plus, they stopped the case program, which I really don't understand. The whole thing just boggles the mind.
    Shrug. The antenna problem is real but in practice completely negligible. You should try using one instead of just believing the anti-hype.

17. jessis

jessis Well-Known Member

I actually get better reception than my previous Blackberry Bold on the same network provider. Very happy all round except the notification for emails is lacking.

18. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

Shrug. The antenna problem is real but in practice completely negligible. You should try using one instead of just believing the anti-hype.
    Yeah seriously. I posted about how the iPhone 4 was a big disaster for Apple...well, I got a 4 and I couldn't be happier. The phone works perfectly fine. The antenna thing is a non-starter, btw--the phone's made of glass, you better have it in a case.

19. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Yeah seriously. I posted about how the iPhone 4 was a big disaster for Apple...well, I got a 4 and I couldn't be happier. The phone works perfectly fine.

The antenna thing is a non-starter, btw--the phone's made of glass, you better have it in a case.

Not really, I know plenty of people without cases on their iPhone 4's and they have no problems. I'm waiting for the naysayers to attack the glass as a major design flaw.

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Yeah seriously. I posted about how the iPhone 4 was a big disaster for Apple...well, I got a 4 and I couldn't be happier. The phone works perfectly fine.

The antenna thing is a non-starter, btw--the phone's made of glass, you better have it in a case.

wait, wut? you got one now?