• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

the metal buckle clanging against the guitar body is one thing we noticed immediately. tape shall rectify.

That was actually one of the reasons I picked my strap model. Not even that slide buckle your cotton one has; it's all leather.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i like the Levis becuase i can get it pretty low. i realize this drives instructors crazy and I'd be a better stand-up player if it wasn't so low. ehh.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, need to force myself to practice standing.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as hanging guitars, I'm all for it.

I have always had at least one guitar hanging in my office and one in my home. (I also had two vintage tweed Fender amps as bookends in my office but that is another story).

Right now I have two big blond jazz boxes hanging near me. What a wonderful sight!

I think guitars are beautiful works of art to be appreciated. You also reach out and play them more often if in view.

I have a soft long bristle brush and a can of compressed air in a drawer to keep they sparkling.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, guys, guess what straps I use! Guess! Guess!!!

I buy vintage Ace (style) ones off of eBay

Last edited:

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So nothing nearly as spectacular as the Foo purchase but here's a pic of the Tele:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Sweet!

I really like the look of a three tone sunburst Tele. It makes a refreshing change from all the blonds.

FYI, Semour Duncan's go-to axe is a sunburst Tele/Esquire with a solid black pickguard. He uses it to drop in various pickups. He is always tweaking it.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to pimp your ride consider a white (w-b-w laminated) one like this '59 Esquire Custom or a white MOTS (pearl mother of toilet seat) as seen on this CS Tele Thinline. Both look nice against sunburst.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

^^^^ Sweet!

I really like the look of a three tone sunburst Tele. It makes a refreshing change from all the blonds.

FYI, Semour Duncan's go-to axe is a sunburst Tele/Esquire with a solid black pickguard. He uses it to drop in various pickups. He is always tweaking it.

Thanks! Coming from you that really means something to me. I'm going to order that knob gomey did as soon as it arrives (don't want to jinx things by ordering parts prior to arrival!) and then do nothing else to it for a bit. Just sort of live with it to see what, if anything, is next.

Cool story about Duncan and his Tele. My pups are both American Vintage Tele.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She's a looker Piob. Enjoy -

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really want to put a 3ply Mint Green guard on my Blizzard White USADeluxe Strat.

After playing on warmouth a bit, I think parchment would be a better match than mint green.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics