• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Golf Thread

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going out to the Colonial today to watch golf, drink beer and ogle women. [JulieAndrews]These are a few of my favorite things [/JulieAndrews].

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Golf lesson today. Will start talking about clubs.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
90 today. 42 on the back. Pretty pleased with myself, considering I'm a 17-handicapper who breaks 90 maybe 1/10 rounds (my course is pretty difficult). That's 54 holes in 28 hours. Tomorrow will be a day off.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well, got fitted for clubs today and they're having a big sale, so Mrs. Piob and I got a set of Adams, a7OS. Driver, 3 and 5 fairway, 4, 5, 6 hybrid, 7 and 8 hybrid iron, 9, P and S iron and putter. Basically, a complete set in graphite. I seriously thought about the Ping G15, but we basically paid about the same for two complete sets of Adams as I would have paid for a complete set of Pings. Given the stage we are at in this game, I thought what was basically a 2 for 1 was the move to make.
IMG_0919.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice clubs. they've been making for 460cc drivers for a few years now. that is now the max a driver can be.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So my front 9 was decent except for two straight shots, two straight water hazards on the first. Basically hit par or +1 on the rest. Then the back 9 were just awful. Stopped keeping score, was well over 100.

As an aside, my cart died on the 9th, a couple of stray dogs wandered around the 11th with us, and it poured down rain on the 18th. My 19th hole is, as always, exceptional.

dganderson

Reaction score
Which course did you play? I'm assuming it's in Atlanta based on your name.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
nice clubs. they've been making for 460cc drivers for a few years now. that is now the max a driver can be.

Thanks. Took the 7 to the range, so Mrs. Piob and I could give the new ones a swing. She did far better with these and hit a few seriously good balls. I did okay to far worse. Figured out the problem; this shaft is about 2" longer than the old 7 iron I had been practicing with. Adjusted and finished off fine.

Will maybe take out the five iron (hybrid) and the nine iron tomorrow.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving from Louisiana to SF next week. Thinking of stopping along the way a few times to play some golf. Will likely be on US 40 much of the way and thinking of playing Kaa-Po Ridge in Sandia Park, NM, then Pebble Beach, or one of the courses around Pebble. Anybody played Kaa-Po before? I played Pebble a few years ago, but want to play again. Would appreciate any other suggestions along the way.

AlarmGuy79

Reaction score
8:30 tee time at Heron Bay in Coral Springs, FL tommorrow. Just getting back into the swing of things and I as well struggle. Fortunately I'm very confident in my sand game and there is limited water at Heron Bay.

This is a great thread btw.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dganderson
Which course did you play? I'm assuming it's in Atlanta based on your name.

Brown's Mill. Not too bad actually.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Trying to decide if we should go hit a local "executive" course. I d/l'ed their score card and not a hole over 185 yards. Probably just go hit a bucket with Mrs. Piob though.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Trying to decide if we should go hit a local "executive" course. I d/l'ed their score card and not a hole over 185 yards. Probably just go hit a bucket with Mrs. Piob though.

Par three courses can be fun. Don't even bother bringing your 460 cc driver though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads