• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No way of knowing. There are a couple of theories.
One is that the picture Illyrio has of his late wife is Aegon's mother - she does have Targ blood of the bastard line that fled after one of the Targ civil wars, can't remember offhand. Another is that she's Aegon's mother, and not a Targ at all, but has white-blonde hair and bluish/purple eyes. Either way, it's an attempt to get Illyrio's progeny on the throne.

It's also unlikely that JonCon himself knows. He was not present for the boy's entire life. JonCon fought with the Golden Company when he began in exile and only later learned of the boy. He loved Rhaegar so much that he'd believe anything.

There is a belief that Aegon is the mummer's dragon that Dany sees in the House of the Undying. Varys was a mummer, so if Aegon is his plot - along with Illyrio, then he is the mummer's dragon.

"A faceless horror of bone and brain and gore. None of us looked long. Tywin said that it was Prince Aegon and we took him at his word." Kevan Lannister

I really didn't pay that much attention to Illryio, but if what you're saying is true (Aegon is his son) why wouldn't he dispatch Viserys, announce the kid as Aegon and press Daenerys into marrying him. Why would Varys want Illyrio's blood on the throne?

I probably have to read these again.

lefty

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really didn't pay that much attention to Illryio, but if what you're saying is true (Aegon is his son) why wouldn't he dispatch Viserys, announce the kid as Aegon and press Daenerys into marrying him. Why would Varys want Illyrio's blood on the throne?

I probably have to read these again.

lefty
Most of the fantheories I've read believe Aegon is a blackfyre pretender (unbeknownst to him and JC) and that Varys/Illyrio are blackfyre supporters.

Also JC was literally gay for Rhaegar so he'll do anything for his "son."

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shouldn't that stuff get spoilered?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We're getting close. Watching the season preview right now. Some of the settings are pretty incredible.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I want to go live in Dubrovnik now. That old town on the sea is ******* beautiful.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually it's pretty low for me. I'll definitely be super pumped when it airs but I haven't been following any news about it during the off season so I don't even know what's in store.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Actually it's pretty low for me. I'll definitely be super pumped when it airs but I haven't been following any news about it during the off season so I don't even know what's in store.

For you, not much at all.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HBO Now account created. Time to watch a few favorite episodes to warm up for Sunday.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously not a book reader if you'd think Mance would be wearing all black tricky ricky. Junya patchwork is more his speed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads