1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. suited

suited Well-Known Member

After googling, he's supposed to join the cast sometime this season. I was in the kitchen during that part of the show and couldn't see very clearly, but it sure looked like him. Maybe it was a coincidence.

2. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Well-Known Member

Reminder: Jon Connington, Aegon, Victorian Greyjoy, Euron Greyjoy, Lady Stoneheart, and Wyman Manderly were all cut from the show to make room for that clusterfuck we witnessed last night.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Sandsnakes.

3. Ataturk

Ataturk Well-Known Member

The people that make this show sure do like raping virgins, don't they?

4. gort

gort Well-Known Member

I guess that answers the question on whether or not they would have a parallel scene for when reek gets to prep fake arya for ramsay.

1 person likes this.
  5. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

The sandsnakes were lame as shit and how fucking stupid is Cersei? She accuses Jamie earlier in the season of never thinking ahead and now she's making the same mistake with the Faith Militant locking up both the Martells. There goes your food, gold, and army to support you. Now she's stuck with Peter Baelish to support her.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

Cersei has always been a moron. She just had her family to back her up before so she got away with all her stupid shenanigans.

2 people like this.
  7. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

With this episode, they better be setting us up for some epic shit.

3 people like this.
  8. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

In the US marital rape was exempt from rape laws until the 1970s, and state exceptions didn't end until 1993.

Also, 1 Corinthians 7:3-5.

As uncomfortable as it is, Westeros isn't far from reality in this regard.

The only thing unrealistic about it, is that Sansa isn't being blamed for her own rape.

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

There has been quite a blowback on twitter and the tumblrs that Game of Thrones needs to provide trigger warnings. Apparently a lot of "survivors" were mind-raped by seeing that scene unawares.

http://time.com/3882457/game-of-thrones-twitter-reactions-stark-wedding/

1 person likes this.
  10. Harold falcon

2 people like this.
  11. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Anyway not even sure why I bothered pointing out my little marital rape tidbit, not like I want to spend any effort whatsoever defending this show.

2 people like this.
  12. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

I thought the episode was okay. And honestly, the Sansa scene didn't bother me.

3 people like this.
  13. Mariokartfever

Of all the things to get up in arms about in D&D's epic GOT comedy, the Sansa rape scene doesn't really make sense.

1. We've seen marriage rape before when Kahl Drogo went to pound town on teenage Dany

2. Sansa's storyline has been merged with Jeyne Poole's, whose wedding night was much worse in the books. All readers knew what was coming.

3. The episode didn't even show anything graphic; the camera pans away before anything happens.

Tumblrinas are simply working themselves up into mass hysteria. We saw this same thing during the salem witch trials. One person's crazy starts rubbing off on another, then they all go mad.

1 person likes this.
  14. Ataturk

Ataturk Well-Known Member

I called it "rape" earlier because I knew that's how it would be perceived. But I'm not even sure it was. Remember that Sansa had a choice to get married, she knew that sex would be an inevitable part of it, and that she's there pursuant to some (inexplicable) plan to revenge herself on the Boltons.

If anybody's getting raped it's poor Ramsey by way of false pretenses.

15. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

The most irritating part of this plot line is the extreme suspension of disbelief that it requires. After everything that's happened to her and everything she knows, she was supposed to have meekly and semi-willingly placed herself in this position?? I know self-martyrdom is supposedly her character's defining trait, but this is way too much.

16. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

It's interesting what characters different people sympathize with. A surprising number of show watchers dislike Tyrion and like Sansa, who is a a superficial, whiny little snot. I would suppose it is related to how people feel more sorry for kidnapped girls when they are pretty and princess-like. Tells me more about people than about the show.

4 people like this.
  17. Harold falcon

As California has recently informed us, only Yes means Yes. Absent incontrovertible provable assent it is rape.

18. Harold falcon

Who the fuck dislikes Tyrion? He's the fucking star of the show. That's just wrong. You are wrong.

EDIT - Oh wait, is this self projection? Because people don't like you being a little person you assume they don't like him as a little person?

1 person likes this.
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

I've given up on the show but these tweets are gold.

2 people like this.
  20. Mariokartfever

Does this mean Ramsay was raped? Sansa never asked for consent and he never gave it.

1 person likes this.