1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NewYorkIslander, Dec 7, 2010.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

2. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

3. David Reeves

David Reeves Well-Known Member

From cutting to finish probably about 4-6 weeks, but once you pick out fabric, it depends on the time of year...he usually tells you and is upfront. A hint would be to check his pile of to cut fabrics...if its doubled up on the counter the wait will be longer. He has a few pant makers downstairs, Samira does buttonholes and buttons, he has one other woman upstairs I think and there is Mike, Frank, and Ercole on the floor as well...small operation really. He may have somemore people that I'm missing.
    It is a real production doing labour intensive Bespoke work. I have one tailor doing the 6000 stitches suit and we can do one a week but two is pushing it, we aren't taking on new clients for 6000 stitches right now as we are at capacity. We are starting to train a small workforce already starting with trouser makers. Rory can do 2 trousers in a day on his own but the coats are something else. I think we will shoot for a finisher, trouser maker a buttonholer and Rory, That will work for a while but thats still 5 people including me in the business to make two maybe three suits a week. Its crazy how people perceive that one guy does all the making which is perpetuated by a lot of smaller tailors. Its probably better just to say that though because this business is more simpler and complex than people realize unless they are doing it. Its impressive Ercoles does a hand basting at that price point.

4. patrickBOOTH

Not bad for a 1st try by Ercole.

Would it be correct to say that the price is about the same as Mina from NSM?

With the dollar the way it is now? Mina is probably much more.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Here's the first commission now, after 2 surgeries to let out the chest and shoulders as I grew.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

This all looks awesome NYR. I would love to find something comparable down here in Dallas.

7. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Well-Known Member

I've been an Ercole's customer for about 6 years now, and I'm only turning 24 next week.

There is nothing in the world that compares to the work Ercole, Frank, and the whole team do.

I used to wear strictly Oxxford, Brioni, and Zegna suits, now I'm strictly an Ercole man.

Since starting with Ercole I've moved on to Chicago, yet I still make special one day trips whenever I need anything commissioned. I've even gotten my Dad who is has 0 interest in sartorial splendor to commission some suits for a wedding from them.

It is well worth the trip!

Keep up the good work Frank, Ercole, and the whole team as well as NYR promoting such a special institution!

8. patrickBOOTH

I've been an Ercole's customer for about 6 years now, and I'm only turning 24 next week.

There is nothing in the world that compares to the work Ercole, Frank, and the whole team do.

I used to wear strictly Oxxford, Brioni, and Zegna suits, now I'm strictly an Ercole man.

Since starting with Ercole I've moved on to Chicago, yet I still make special one day trips whenever I need anything commissioned. I've even gotten my Dad who is has 0 interest in sartorial splendor to commission some suits for a wedding from them.

It is well worth the trip!

Keep up the good work Frank, Ercole, and the whole team as well as NYR promoting such a special institution!

You must have gotten one hell of a job at 18. Why isn't your user name Mrercole?

9. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

With the dollar the way it is now? Mina is probably much more.

CMT at Mina is ~$2,200, and decent fabric is about $400, for a total of $2,600. How much would I save using Frank?

10. NewYorkIslander

CMT at Mina is ~$2,200, and decent fabric is about $400, for a total of $2,600. How much would I save using Frank?

CMT out of the brooklyn shop, you'd save a bunch.

11. mrbrioni

You must have gotten one hell of a job at 18. Why isn't your user name Mrercole?

Haha!

Thank GD for parents to support my habits!

Frank is truly a pleasure to deal with and no doubt in my little sartorial brain that he is the best value in the suiting world.

12. NewYorkIslander

Haha!

Thank GD for parents to support my habits!

Frank is truly a pleasure to deal with and no doubt in my little sartorial brain that he is the best value in the suiting world.

We've pmed before haven't we? Hows Chi-town treating ya?

13. mrbrioni

Yes. I think one of my first days on SF.

Thank GD.

My only issue to date is that whenever I need a suit I have to fly in for the day:)

14. mrbrioni

One of these days I'll post my first pics on this forum for people to critique my suits fro
    Frank

15. David Reeves

David Reeves Well-Known Member

Here's the first commission now, after 2 surgeries to let out the chest and shoulders as I grew.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like this outfit a lot. Would like to see an ascot here for that Templeton Peck look.

16. NewYorkIslander

Frank had some pretty bad burns from an accident a few weeks ago. He's ok, and even was able to finish a suit for me...glad he's doing better...here are some new shots of the linen coat:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and the arm:
    [​IMG]

Frank scolded me for posting pics that weren't up to his standards...lol

17. quar

quar Well-Known Member

I like it. The shoulders are nice.

18. TheTukker

TheTukker Well-Known Member

I really like the look of that linen - well done [​IMG]

19. scruff

scruff Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I think the jacket hanging on the mirror (the tan number) is Frank's jacket. A nice lightweight wool number cut in a true Neopolitan style -- I actually used it as the basis for my first commission. Btw, NYR, the lapels on that linen number are $$$

20. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

I like it. The shoulders are nice.

Agree, this is an unpadded shoulder done well.