• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
It fits pretty darn great, it is slim, but not tight. Has shape, but there is no pulling here or there. I have some jackets that are much more wasited, but it disrupts a lot of lines, where this one drapes nicer. I am surprised at how it feels on me and how much I can move in it. It has very high armholes and with the dart under the lapel I can pretty much do anything without the collar lifting away from my neck, which drives me nuts on my MTM stuff. There are a few little tweaks that I feel it needs, but this was the first one Frank cut for me so my pattern will evolve. Frank, was actually really excited about this one, he really liked the shoulders I chose and he was thrilled with the way my first suit by him came out. That meant a lot to me. I didn't post any pictures, but the trousers flatter me so much better than any of my MTM. I almost cried at my second fitting they were so nice, however Frank said next time they will be perfect. I don't think they can be any more perfect, but I won't stop him from giving it a shot.

Wow, that sounds like an excellent result for a first commission. Congrats and looking forward to the pics.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Wow, that sounds like an excellent result for a first commission. Congrats and looking forward to the pics.

+1 Curious to see the fit as I'm very much on the fence re: using Ercoles v. Chan for my next commission.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
+1 Curious to see the fit as I'm very much on the fence re: using Ercoles v. Chan for my next commission.

+1

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Look in the Foo's breast wallet thread. He posted yet another of his "stereotype" jokes that wasn't received very well.

Originally Posted by aj_del
I think (not sure) it was his comments about Foo and his wife's race/ethnicity which got him banned

Many thanks - interesting to see that it wasn't the number of posted "tail pics" that got him banned.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As promised, crosspoast from WAYWRN:

DSC02432.jpg

DSC02434.jpg

Wind:
DSC02437.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02435.jpg

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, especially because you are happy with it.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard rumors that his prices might be higher at the Manhattan shop--do you know if there's any truth to this?

Very nice looking suits...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aravenel
I've heard rumors that his prices might be higher at the Manhattan shop--do you know if there's any truth to this? Very nice looking suits...
I think they are,but don't quote me on that, plus he works with another partner out of Manhattan. Its well worth a trip to Brooklyn, some of the best Italian grocers and food shops are just a few blocks away. His Brooklyn shop its him and his pops.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are pants he did for me last spring...broke em out today for the first time:
IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_5038.jpg

I'd love to see his work on others...I know you guys are out there, I've run into a bunch of you in the shop!

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooooh, very nice. Me likey. What's that SC made of? Is it a blend (e.g. silk), or 100% wool? What kind of weight?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
As promised, crosspoast from WAYWRN:

DSC02432.jpg

DSC02434.jpg

Wind:
DSC02437.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02435.jpg

While I like the style and fabric, everything on it looks too small. However, I'm guessing you like it like that so rock on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads