1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Official?) Fit Critique Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Edgar Allan Pwn, Apr 11, 2011.

1. emc894

emc894 Well-Known Member

Cross post from luxire thread.

I recently had the below shirt made by luxire and I think it fits me quite well, but not perfectly. I have washed it about 4 or 5 times and the below photos are after wearing it to work all day. I am going to get 10 or so shirts made for work so want to get it right. What do you all think?

I think I might narrow the shoulders a touch, raise the armhole slightly and possibly take the waist in a a bit. There is a lot of fullness in the back but I like the mobility for typing when I am at my desk at work. Would darts a be a good idea?

I have a large chest and fairly heavy, but lean build, which can make shirt shopping tough.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

All those changes might help. Letting out the chest slightly might help just as much.

3. emc894

emc894 Well-Known Member

I have been through 4 or 5 iterations of fit tweaks with Luxire now and still think my shirt could be improved somewhat.

To my eye, the waist looks good but the upper back and under the arms is a bit sloppy with excess material. This is especially evident below my upper arm and armpit when I point my hands forward. Any ideas on improving the fit? I have a large chest so the fit can be difficult. Any observations or suggestions would be very appreciated. I thought about maybe removing the back pleats.

Pics below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]