1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by randomkoreandude, Sep 30, 2009.

1. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Well-Known Member

2. FENWAY

FENWAY Well-Known Member

Nice, like the Scout in that make up. I grabbed the Gray Dial Scout and this Journeyman
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. Americanaaa

Americanaaa Well-Known Member

What would be the best jacket for throwing on in 30f weather with just a tshirt on? seems like everywhere I go people blast the heat and I'd rather not layer.

also, are filson vests good for wearing under motorcycle leather? I want to ride through the winter but am unsure how to layer for this as it will be my first time winter riding.

4. broken_oracle

broken_oracle Well-Known Member

I'd vote for the Mackinaw wool cruiser on your first question. Comfortable across a surprisingly broad temperature range, and the pocketing is super useful for stashing hat, gloves, scarf etc.

On the second point I'd wager a Mackinaw vest would be perfect under motorcycle leather. I wear one under a Carhartt Detroit Duck jacket when working outdoors during particularly cold weather & it gets the job done without binding or feeling overstuffed in the jacket.

1 person likes this.
  5. animefans

animefans New Member

I recently bought a filson oil/wax tin cloth jacket off auction, and I see darken areas (not spots/dots) in various parts of the jacket
    • sleeves
    • cuffs
    • bottom
    Surprisingly, back of the jacket doesn't have much, if at all, of these darken areas
    This is my first time handling a waxed garment, so no idea what I should expect
    Are these darken area simply wax that have not wear out yet?
    Overall feel of the jacket is not "waxy", so I can't tell if the wax wear out already
    It certainly does not look waxy to me (no sheen or oily)

Thanks!

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

Those sound like high wear areas to me.

7. animefans

animefans New Member

here are some pics i took
    for some reason, the picture come out brighter than expected
    As long as they are not dirt, I am a happy camper!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Well-Known Member

9. broken_oracle

broken_oracle Well-Known Member

25% off site-wide at https://lodgegoods.com/, including a bunch of Filson bags & luggage. Free shipping to CONUS as well!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  10. Bertone

Bertone New Member

Hi, if you're based in the UK or EU and after a Filson watch it's worth checking out the UK TKMaxx site. They have a Journeyman (£256) and a Scout (£192) model on sale just now. They originally had the Journey man at £399 which is too much but at this price surely worth a punt?

11. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

I like how they took their own pictures of the products.

Eh, I think the money can be better spent on other brands that dedicate themselves to watches.

12. FENWAY

FENWAY Well-Known Member

Looking for a heavy tin bag if anyone has a lead.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  13. Tweedboy

Tweedboy Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bought both of these in the sales recently. Love them both. The navy is kind of close fitting and suitable for a night out and the plaid looser and great over a t shirt. As always, great quality