1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Fifa 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by b1os, Sep 28, 2012.

1. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

did you get ps3 version?

2. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Not yet... :eek:
    Prolly in two weeks after exams.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  3. smashwindow

unrelated but dishonored is pretty good

4. Reynard369

Reynard369 Well-Known Member

Who here's playing UT on PS3? What team you rockin? I got Budesliga golds in a 4-4-2 (prefer the 4-2-3-1, but there's a criminal lack of affordable pacy CAMs in Germany).

5. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

I just started for 360...my roommate has a team and hogs the tv most of the time. He doesnt know what hes doing and just gets random gold players and spends all his coins after every game then has to scramble when players contracts run out.

6. smashwindow

I used to play a lot of UT had a team with players over 80 but 99% compatibility or whatever they call it and kick ass playing a high passing style.

7. OmniscientCause

How do players get better? Ive only played one season but Im wondering how their potential plays into it.

8. xudisco07

xudisco07 Well-Known Member

I have a Budesliga team in 3-5-2. I got Robben, Gotze, and Javi Martinez in free packs, so went from there. I've been lucky with the players I have pulled this year for some reason with five 87+ players.

9. OmniscientCause

for those talking about teams from a certain league is there a particular reason for this? like only certain tournaments can be played? Or just because the chemistry is probably better because they play in the same league?

10. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

What do you mean, better? You -- probably -- get better by training. The players' values won't rise, unless there are some sort of "power ups". If you mean team chemistry/compatibility, you need to place them on their right position (or change it with some upgrade thingy), let players from the same national squad/national league play together. I'm sure you knew that already, but I don't know what you could mean otherwise. I'm not sure how much it actually matters in F13, but at at least make sure it's >60% or so, given that F13 can be a very random game with one touch and so on.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  11. OmniscientCause

Yea I was just confirming that was the case. As far as better I meant can their rating increase if say they are a young player? Other then the random roster updates. Each player has a potential rating from what I was reading some time ago. And maybe a 78 has the potential to be a 92 or something along those lines. I was wondering how that, if that is the case, would work either by playing the players or using the training consumables. Because I have seen players you can buy with different ratings but are the same player.

12. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

What you mean is just possible in offline career mode, afaik. The players you've seen likely just had upgraded stats.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  13. OmniscientCause

Okay so if I get that 78 up to a 92 and go to play online against someone they will only be a 78? Thats kind of annoying.

It isnt like they match you up based on players anyways. I laughed as my roommate played with all scrub bronze players and was getting smoked against all golds.

14. adsmith4

adsmith4 Well-Known Member

Just found this thread and I see no one has posted in a while. Well maybe this will change it. I hate all these fucks that play with barcelona or real madrid online.

15. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

16. Reynard369

I concur.

17. OmniscientCause

Play with PSG I have been trashing my roommate lately with IBRA and Lavezzi

18. adsmith4

adsmith4 Well-Known Member

I played someone recently who used PSG and I am going to have to give them a try. I hadn't been playing much lately but the last few days I have picked back up some.

19. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Didn't know a thread for this existed!

Sold FIFA13 back and got PES instead. Vastly superior game. Was a diehard fanboy and bought FIFA straight from 07 to 13, but just couldn't take the unchanging game anymore; 13 is more like 12.5.

And FWIW, love that PES updates boots every 2 months AND HAS THE EURO CLASH COLLECTION STILL AVAILABLE.

1 person likes this.
  20. Reynard369

Agree that year to year FIFA doesn't change that much, but PES is a joke. Terrible game.