1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. saint

saint Well-Known Member

Although its not their area of expertise, the Bang Bros may have done a better job of shipping ( was thinking of saying fulfilling but didn't want to start down that path) my order.

I ended up with the blue/ red breast wallet, not the billfold, so if someone got the blue/red billfold (not the one with the coin purse) by mistake let me know.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

^ are saying you received it already?

3. saint

saint Well-Known Member

Yes, got it today.

4. saint

saint Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Crappy Ipad pic of wallet

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Did you receive a delivery email? I never did. All I know is that I was charged

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

How do you like it? Shell inside and out?

7. saint

saint Well-Known Member

The shell is very nice, and its a beautiful wallet, I really wish they hadn't screwed up as I may end up keeping it, because its so nice, but rarely using it.

I'm certain you will really like the one you ordered, and I hope you receive the one you wanted.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Darn, no package from BB. Im surprised you got it already. Im hoping BB didnt screw the pooch

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

im anxious to see red cordovan in person. are there any marking suggesting the origin of the leather? i think i once red it was japanese, and thus more desirable than even horween

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  10. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

11. saint

saint Well-Known Member

Nothing on the wallet or the box identifies the origin of the cordovan or the country in which it was made, so I would assume that the BB description is correct.

12. leon12

leon12 Well-Known Member

I placed orders for the card case, billfold and long wallet hoping at least one would come through (was charged at the time of purchse). I checked my order history this morning and it says my order was cancelled.

If anyone decides not to keep theirs, let me know.

13. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Yeah mine didn't go through neither. One at checkout said oos so I only got the wallet without coin pocket.

14. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

A lot f BB cordovan is made by Ganzo in Japan.

15. zazaza

zazaza Well-Known Member

All too often I read how someone placed an order with BB online only to have it cancelled later.
    How does a company like that have such a poor inventory/e-commerce system??

Have people tried calling in after an order was cancelled and seeing if they can locate an item at a retail store, shipping it to you at their expense?

16. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

I've had an order for Black Fleece that has had the shipping date continually delayed for 4 months now. One time I talked to a customer service representative. He told me that for Black Fleece, they actually do not keep stock in a warehouse; rather, they locate the stock in a store and arrange to have it shipped to you. He also said that there are 3 people in charge of coordinating all of this. I don't know what the issue with my order is, but it is sort of a kludged together system.

17. stevent

The wallets are from like 2010, BB either found stock in a warehouse or then are coming back from Japan. Either way it's pretty rare so I wasn't expecting the order to be filled

18. saint

saint Well-Known Member

Anyone who wanted the long wallet and got the billfold (without the coin purse) let me know, maybe we can exchange hostages.

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

I missed the whole wallet hoopla, but I am curious now with 10 pages worth of discussion. The original link does not work, does someone have pics?

20. stevent

Google has a few, mostly it's just a full shell wallet (inside and out) with a dark outer color and a lighter (white or red) inner. Japanese cordovan and was pretty rare when it first came out, just popped up 50% off