1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and Stories Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Dec 19, 2012.

1. cmninja

cmninja Well-Known Member

FedEx International "Priority" is garbage. Package from END was shipped yesterday and it's still in the U.K. I doubt it's getting here tomorrow morning and I'm going out of town for two weeks on Thursday.

2. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

Eh, you can't really expect anything going international to be too quick given there is customs, etc.

2 people like this.
  3. Whirling

Whirling Well-Known Member

I am in Philadelphia and have gotten plenty of purchases next-day from Britain and Canada. 2nd day from Italy and Holland. This was with FedEx, DHL, and UPS. I have gotten things in about a week with the postal service from Finland, Australia, and other places...

4. cmninja

It still says delivery tomorrow morning. So we'll see.

5. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Conversely, I was shocked when I orderred from Frans Boone with UPS Express Saver last night and, lo and behold, UPS shows having departed the Netherlands today and due stateside by EOD Thursday. Looks good so far!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  6. kevin204

kevin204 Member

I still bought CP Achilles low cause at 288 cad with maybe 100 or so in duties it'll still be cheaper than ssense if they even reduce it further. Americans have a threshold of tax free until over $800 usd I think. It was $200 for them and was changed recently to $800

7. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

yeah, SSENSE is crazy expensive, I am surprised they can stay in business, it must be rapeage for selling highend clothes here in canada. I almost ordered something from SSENSE and after I placed the order they had the nerve to cancel my credit card for no reason and wouldn't tell me why. So i never ordered from them after that BS.

8. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

Lmao our packages were likely shipped out together and are on the same truck. Its unusual, that's fore sure, usually I get things from GB the nextday. This one has been in transit to London airport for a full 24 hours. Unsual for fedex, for sure.

Edit: did yours just get updated a few mins ago and get scanned through Standstead? That means its on plane over. The fact that I know the intricacies of all the different courier's tracking systems means I probably buy too much s***

9. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

hopefully his is delayed, whining before it's even delayed, complaining about 2+ day shipping from the UK to the west coast on christmas week

10. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

Haha, true, however depending on if it was a big-ticket item that he's been hyping up in his head for months and finally pulled the trigger, its easy to get obsessed/anxious to get it. I've been there. I have a pair of Alden 975s coming that I've been eyeing for a year or so and its easy to get wrapped up in it all.

But once you step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath you realize we're here discussing high-end apparel that most people don't have the luxury of enjoying, and getting upset that its delivery is been delayed a couple of days is quite pathetic.

2 people like this.
  11. bigOmyD

bigOmyD Active Member

So is there a consensus on the fees on END orders shipped through Fedex?

Purportedly no customs >$800 but a brokerage fee still must be paid?

12. cmninja

Hopefully your life is delayed. This is the style forum. People will complain about the shipping of items. Things can be shipped the next day or even same day from Europe so I don't see what the problem is.

@mdubya
    "Edit: did yours just get updated a few mins ago and get scanned through Standstead? That means its on plane over. The fact that I know the intricacies of all the different courier's tracking systems means I probably buy too much s***"

Yes it did get scanned through Standstead. I don't normally care about the shipment of items, but this is something i've been looking forward to for a while and I will be out of town when if it comes late.

13. bigOmyD

bigOmyD Active Member

It looks like people have been getting mixed experiences.

Does FedEx charge brokerage fees regardless of custom fees for shipments from UK to US (this is for END)?

1 person likes this.
  14. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Well-Known Member

Dude.

3 people like this.
  15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

The holidays are hard on all of us. Sometimes, we need a breather. These deals we're posting should be available again sometime in January, yes?, when the leaves repair to the trees and our wallets are flush with the dollars?

.​

16. bigOmyD

bigOmyD Active Member

Already read the Customs and Duties Thread and posted in there. Then googled. :/ No straight answers.

17. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

~~YOU MAY BE LIABLE FOR DUTIES IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR LOCAL LAWS~~

Why is this hard to understand?? Expect to pay them, if you don't, consider it lucky.

18. bigOmyD

bigOmyD Active Member

B-b-b-b-b-b-but I'm not even asking about duties. I'm well under the threshold specified by local import laws. I'm t-t-talking about brokerage fees, w-which seem to be charged arbitrarily.

19. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Well-Known Member

If it's under $800 and there are no duties/customs fees. They shouldn't charge you a brokerage fee. If they do, contact them and they will reverse it.

1 person likes this.
  20. Cark

Cark Well-Known Member

so what if i buy the same sweater from a US website (instead of the UK), what is the duty rate then?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016