1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and Stories Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Dec 19, 2012.

1. colorblind

colorblind Member

Anyone order form Frans Boone in Germany or Centre Commercial in France before? Duties?

Thanks!

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

They are located in Holland.

3. sholom

sholom Well-Known Member

Will coggles deduct VAT?

4. Lokesh

Lokesh Well-Known Member

Thinking of ordering something for about $650 from someone in Japan. It is used and he will mark it as gift - used clothing and ship it using EMS. But if I do get hit with customs charges, around how much would I be looking at?

5. chiggah

chiggah Well-Known Member

Anyone been stung by custom/duties from LN-CC orders before ? They shipped via DHL and from reading previous posts regarding LN-CC shipped with DHL, most people seem to be fine

What happened was, I paid the price after sale discount £103.00 shipped, but they invoiced the package value at £196.00

Ready to send them a rage email if i get taxed

6. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

LN-CC ships with duties prepaid, or they did when I ordered from them, so it shouldn't matter what amount it says on the package anywhere because you've already covered the cost.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  7. chiggah

chiggah Well-Known Member

Okay that's a relief. However, they put my account in the non-VAT pool, and deducted 20% upon checkout ( I am guessing this was the VAT %)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  8. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Ordered a Barbour jacket from End for about $223. Got a bill from fedex for $40.
    $6.50 of that was "advancement fee" and the rest was customs/duty. Not sure why there wasn't the usual $25 or so brokerage fee on top of that but I'm not complaining.

9. chupas

chupas Well-Known Member

I just paid 39 euros in duties and fees on a shirt from Rakuten that cost... about 70 euros.

Protip: if you must ship to France (I don't recommend it) don't ever ship through Chronopost if you can avoid it. They're a wonderful mix of incompetent and criminal. More than half my fees were some bullshit administrative/handling fee (on which they charge additional taxes, fun!)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  10. hayabusa

hayabusa Member

$90 in duties on a $220 sweater from End (shipped to Canada). Didn't see the warnings about End until after I pulled the trigger....oh well.

11. futuresailors

futuresailors Well-Known Member

Any fromjapan users know how long surface mail usually takes? EMS is $50 more and I'd rather put that toward more jawnz.

12. ibringdoom98

ibringdoom98 Well-Known Member

Their website says longer than 1 month. They also say it isn't trackable. Definitely not worth the $50 in savings, imo.

1 person likes this.
  13. lxh

lxh Active Member

Got hit bad with duties and customs on an order from WrongWeather using Fedex- $197 CAD duties + taxes on a $597 CAD order (approx. after conversion). Obliterating any 30% off black friday savings.

First time hit with customs from Fedex. Previously ordered multiple times from TBS with no fees - might be the fact that those orders were less than or around 200 euro.

Spoke with a Fedex rep. - apparently imported clothing is subject to 20% duties + provincial taxes in Canada.

14. mrcoffee

mrcoffee Well-Known Member

Anyone know how suspension point is with customs? Do they mark down?

15. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

Anyone know about OK-NI to USA?

16. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

What about TheNextDoor? They ship with FedEx I believe ...

17. kingsfull

kingsfull Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with Haven. I ordered something last year and didn't get hit with anything, but the value was about $80. I'm looking to get a couple things, but the value would be closer to $400.

18. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know too.

19. Kev50088

Kev50088 New Member

anyone know the custom charges for footasylum, bought 3 pairs of shoes worth $600, they're shipping to united states through royal mail

20. 97laxlude

97laxlude Well-Known Member