1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Affiliate Thread: Roden Gray

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RodenGray, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

Nah I ordered some common projects tourney lows. They said they had them when I called to ask them what was up, so hopefully they set them aside. The real downer is that my card is now charged, but I never heard back regarding my partial refund on the t-shirt that was missing, as my card was charged the full amount. I just wish that they charge the amount that is actually for in stock items, as they notified me beforehand that the shirt is out of stock. It seems weird that they would tell me its out of stock, and still charge me the full amount. Could be worse I guess, still a great deal hopefully it'll clear up.

2. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

I will order from them again, because they stock some of my favorite brands, but I made it pretty obvious I was not at all happy with what happened. I just don't understand how some of these places are run - if I did the equivalent of what happened to me today in my job, I would be fired - and to hear it seems pretty common to some degree is disappointing. Why do I feel like with every one of these online stores, bar a few, that you have to lower your expectations? What exactly are these people doing at work? If you're not checking stock, removing the RIGHT ITEM TO BE SHIPPED, issuing refunds - then what the fuck are they doing for 8 hours a day? It's not that hard. This is in general, not just RG, because I still think they're one of the better online stores out there, but I'm just angry and disappointed more in how I was treated than I am about losing out on a pair of shoes.

3. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

Rodent gray's online ordering sucks ... I got an email saying they will not ship my order because some items were on hold for another customer. In that case why would you not take it down ?

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  5. Gagno905

Gagno905 Well-Known Member

RG has always, always been great to me in the past but lately they haven't been responding to emails and the ordering seems to just suck. Maybe someone should be replaced.

6. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

RG is great. ya'll dudes with the coupon codes should send it to me so I can buy more japanese things

7. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

For what its worth, my order arrived in less than a week to california, so despite the lack of communication they are still semi on top of things. I will definitely order again.

8. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

I just think people underestimate the sheer amount of emails that retailers get per day. I think even one of the super small retailers here on SF said they get 200 a day. If you even spend 1-2 (super low side) minutes on each email, you're looking at hours and hours a day of replying to emails.

It's not really an excuse, some retailers with an intense passion for cs pull it off (Epaulet), but it's no wonder the email box can be left unattended at times, while they are super helpful on the phone.

9. London

London Well-Known Member

they need a 1800# then if they want to maintain good service. If you do the majority of your business online, you have to have the systems in place to handle requests.

10. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

On a realer note, does anyone know why the nonnative goretex wingtips and captoes went up in price? Just a few days ago they were half that...and I was going to pick them up after thinking about sizing up.

11. poorman

poorman Well-Known Member

DAMN! ...I hope my shirt was in stock at the time of ordering.

12. hoozah

hoozah Well-Known Member

maybe you guys should stop fucking flooding them with emails

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

this store sucks w/e

buy if you know what it is you're buying. if you do not, do some homework

IMO this store for the average SF member is good only for the general brands and labels, 'SF Approved'. Outside of that people are just looking for an excuse to buy something with the minimal discount

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  14. PattyC

PattyC Well-Known Member

Any coupon codes for RG? Hoping to place a (problem free) order soon.

15. twdawson

twdawson Well-Known Member

+1

16. RodenGray

RodenGray Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    We’ve seen from some of your comments that a few of our Styleforum customers have had some bad experiences ordering from us recently. I’d like to take the opportunity to let everyone on Styleforum know that we work very hard to make our online shopping experience the best we can and we take any and all complaints such as these very seriously.

I’d like to offer our sincere apologies to any of our customers who feel that they have received poor service. Mistakes are made in any business, but that doesn’t excuse any lack of communication to our customers. I promise that in the future we will do our best to make sure that your shopping experience is a pleasurable one.

After taking the reported experiences into consideration, we have implemented changes to our store policies and practices that will see improved email response time and item availability accuracy for all of our customers. One very visible change I can point to is our new toll-free number (1-800-458-2323) that should make getting in touch with us much easier for our North American customers.

We value your feedback, both positive and negative. If you have any concerns about an experience you had with our service, please contact us via email at feedback@rodengray.com or call us at 1-800-458-2323, we’d like the opportunity to make things right.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Carey
    Manager of online operations

17. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

Fantastic service across the board from you guys, definitely would not hesitate to order from you again.

18. endless402

endless402 Well-Known Member

i thought i saw a code in one of the ads on styleforum....

19. London

London Well-Known Member

20. Gagno905

Gagno905 Well-Known Member

Bravo, thank you for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.