1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official 2015-2016 college football thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Jun 11, 2015.

1. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

The control Saban has in college is what keeps him interested. A bunch of grown-ass primadonnas getting paid millions isn't the game he wants to play. It isn't how his "process" works. He's not gonna dance on lockers or dab like an idiot to keep the players interested.

Even if a team were to offer him complete control of operations, he still has to deal with the players.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  2. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Well, and that's where his success comes from. He can motivate the hell out of college players, get crazy consistency, out-recruit other teams. He loses all of that in the pros, because you can't treat adults with big money the same way. Hell, half his carrot at Alabama is convincing 5* guys to subsume their own interests for a couple years so they can go pro.

You saw some of the same stuff with Harbaugh on the 49ers. His motivation approach (in his case, being an absolute tyrant) only works for so long. In college, it works because he's constantly getting new guys and most of them feel the need for order and discipline. NFL players don't put up with that shit and he lost the team.

3. grundletaint

Every one of his recruiting classes now has a championship ring.

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

well that's pretty much the only way to do it so now you just gonna get them confused

5. grundletaint

I hate it so much I can't use the word by itself.

1 person likes this.
  6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

i hate the word 'dab'

1 person likes this.
  7. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I agree with the first paragraph but do not with the second. I didn't follow the situation in San Francisco enough but I don't think that Harbaugh lost the players.

8. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Well-Known Member

9. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

10. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

Nice to see Gurley win offensive rookie of the year after those bad injuries in college.

2 people like this.