1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MrG, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Pennglock

Pennglock Well-Known Member

Ill be very surprised if Michigan doesnt end up getting routed by SC.

2. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Kiffin really has coached that team into the ground. I know he's not their only problem but every time I see USC play Kiffin makes some boneheaded decision that blows the game.

3. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

5 games on the slate for the B1G today. Hopefully they don't get slaughtered by the SEC today.

4. Texasmade

huh? Only Okie State played today and they blew out Purdue, which was expected.

5. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

I can't fucking believe some people are actually picking NIU to beat FSU. Are you kidding me?

6. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Well-Known Member

If this were the Buttfuck Bowl I could see FSU coasting and maybe even losing to an inferior opponent ala USC vs GTech, but a BCS bowl? Who comes out unmotivated for that?

7. Texasmade

Alabama.

The non-AQ's have done pretty well in the BCS bowls losing only 2 games with one of the losses to another non-AQ. But still, I see no way FSU loses this even if they're unmotivated.

8. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Its not just a BCS bowl. Its the Orange Bowl. Nothing FSU fans like more than showing up UM in their own stadium.

1 person likes this.
  9. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

:eek:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Pennglock

Pennglock Well-Known Member

^That was a thing of beauty. Though he was getting shut down the rest of the game by UM's tackle.

11. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Well-Known Member

I predicted the same thing but none of my friends believed me. Then I predicted Iowa State was going to win and lost all my credibility.

Also, GO DAWGS!

12. Texasmade

NIU doing whatever it can to make the game competitive.

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

AND....that didn't last long.

14. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Well-Known Member

Not surprisingly, the B1G got hosed. In Australia, so I didn't get to watch many games... I did see Wisco holding strong for a while, and was pretty sad they couldn't finish the job. I bet that was a good ending.

As a UGA alum, I was glad to see the Dawgs win, making the B1G 1-2 against the SEC. And I can't really get that sad about the scUM losing either. So.... considering every team in the b1G played "up" a bowl with tOSU out for the season, it could have been a LOT worse. (I thought they might get blanked... M State and NWern were both a big surprise.

15. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

The fact that my facebook feed is filled with exhortations after we beat Northern fucking Illinois is just a sign of how underachieving Florida State has been the last decade or so. What a joke. There isn't a single NIU starter that anyone would say is better than their FSU counterpart. Their linemen looked like they worked at Krispy Kreme. Their "star" quarterback looked slow, unathletic, and small. Their d-line was a bunch of fat guys who still managed to weigh an average of 55 lbs less than the guy lined up across from them.

BUT WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE BEAT NIU BY 21 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to find some Angostura

16. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C!

So last night was not particularly satisfying. The offense is still embarrassing. Manuel is a senior so it will be interesting to see what happens next year (as are seven other returning starters). I guess I'm guardedly optimistic about the future. The program is totally Jimbo's now, I think he's the coach for the future but shit. There are still those lingering issues that continue to plague FSU, the offense just moves the ball, they have two bad quarters in the season and miss out on, well we'll never know. (FWIW, 'Bama played a bad game, ND played several bad games...) I guess my point is that I'm not sure what the ceiling is for FSU. I'm not entirely sure it is much higher than last night. Maybe if they were in a better conference, that would help, IRDK.

Side note: for FLMM, SEC referee crew for Orange Bow. NIU Penalties: 5-40 FSU 8-96

ACC CHamp: FSU: 6-39 GT: 3-25

UF/FSU: 12-101 3-20

The season FSU/Opponents: 81-713 64-549

17. edinatlanta

Jimbo: "these seniors laid a foundation" for a national championship.

18. edinatlanta

Also, here's my biggest question following the Orange Bowl and I think it is one that everyone ought to consider because it is quite profound and troubling.

Who on earth, uses a Discover card and why? Pretty sure I don't know anyone who does. So its basically a credit card that lacks Visa/MC ubiquity and AmEx service, right?

19. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

I had one when I was in college. They will basically give anyone a card with a relatively high limit, so it's good for people without a lot of credit.

20. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Well-Known Member

That was pretty pathetic. This Florida State team is made up of top 5-10 classes nationally and NIU hung with them for 3 quarters despite being athletically outclassed.

I wouldn't say Lynch looked slow though, he broke contain and burned FSU a bunch of times... problem is the dude couldn't hit water if he threw at the ocean. Missed an easy long bomb and that interception in FG range was egregious. They had some speedy WR's who could probably KR for some D1 teams... that's about it.