1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

official 2010 world cup thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by matadorpoeta, Feb 11, 2010.

1. seanchai

seanchai Well-Known Member

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Oh my, what are the English tabloids going to be printing tomorrow.

Algeria is by far the weakest team in the group. Major missed opportunity there. The United States is in with a win, and I trust they will get the job done.

3. George

George Well-Known Member

4. Amar ezzahi

Amar ezzahi Well-Known Member

Fuck...
    [​IMG]

5. Amar ezzahi

Err, at every world cup there are referees from all continents, so that 'positive discrimation of Africans' call was unnecessary. Besides, Switzerland a top footballing country??

Shit happens man, I've seen millions of poor calls by European referees before and I watch that shit every week.

+1

6. fwiffo

fwiffo Well-Known Member

I'm almost relieved I didn't skip out on work to see this shambles of a squad take to the pitch. It's about one step better than the French..barely.

7. Proodle

Proodle Active Member

Ridiculously poor showing. Thought Ashley Cole gave the best performance out of all the England players.

8. Amar ezzahi

As you can see, even a Lion starves in the desert.

9. George

George Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] You played well. Well done.

10. George

George Well-Known Member

As you can see, even a Lion starves in the desert.
    Now that's wisdom.

11. Amar ezzahi

[​IMG]

You played well. Well done.

Thank you! [​IMG]

12. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

Algeria is by far the weakest team in the group.

who says/thinks that?

13. fwiffo

fwiffo Well-Known Member

who says/thinks that?

The same blokes who came up with EASY (England, Algeria, Slovenia and Yanks) [​IMG]

14. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

The same blokes who came up with EASY (England, Algeria, Slovenia and Yanks) [​IMG]

probably the same, who came up with germany taking the cup after the game against australia.

15. TheIdler

TheIdler Well-Known Member

I gotta say, the US game was the most entertaining of all the games so far, and not just because I'm psyched they came back. Hope the mystery call doesn't come back to haunt us.

And I don't understand what happens to Rooney in international tournaments. Dude just looks flat.

16. legorogel

legorogel Well-Known Member

probably the same, who came up with germany taking the cup after the game against australia.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

wheres austria?

17. George

George Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] wheres austria?
    In between Germany and Italy, unless they've moved it that is

18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

The problem with England is that they don't play as a team and the team formation is usually off-balance which results in chaos. I would have played Gerrard with Rooney and put Joe Cole on the wing. On that note, Crouch and Defoe should have been playing at the beginning with Lennon and Dawson.

What's missing is a system or a football philosophy. Throwing a bunch of stars on the pitch won't work.

If you look at Brazil and how they play, Dunga has modified his squad to fit his idea and a particular style of play. He made the sacrifce of leaving top players like Pato or Ronaldinho behind to achieve this. Maybe England should do the same with a few players (I.E. Gerrard; Lampard).

19. Treen

Treen Well-Known Member

Capello is too rigid with his formation. 4-4-2 doesn't work with England: why not play Gerrard as an offensive midfielder behind Rooney and get of the lump that is Heskey? A 4-5-1 would work, considering they have a fairly strong midfield and a wold class striker in Rooney.

Hopefully they'll sort it for the next game: I don't mind if they win or not, I just want the decent game of football I know England are capable of producing.

20. George

George Well-Known Member

The problem with England is that they don't play as a team and the team formation is usually off-balance which results in chaos. I would have played Gerrard with Rooney and put Joe Cole on the wing. On that note, Crouch and Defoe should have been playing at the beginning with Lennon and Dawson. What's missing is a system or a football philosophy. Throwing a bunch of stars on the pitch won't work. If you look at Brazil and how they play, Dunga has modified his squad to fit his idea and a particular style of play. He made the sacrifce of leaving top players like Pato or Ronaldinho behind to achieve this. Maybe England should to the same with a few players (I.E. Gerrard; Lampard).
    No, the problem with England and this pains me too say as an Englishman is; that they aren't very good. That said I will be glad to eat my words.