• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

official 2010 world cup thread

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and what a ******* great goal. honda!

japan has been playing at the top of their game, and man, they just run so goddamn much. very impressive.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Wow Honda Okazaki. Fuckin beautiful stuff.

he's b;lond cska guy, no? very dangerous!

i still have soft spot for nakata......

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan

I miss Nakata
frown.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
he's b;lond cska guy, no? very dangerous!

sorry meant to put a slash there. Honda (blonde) w/ Okazaki (long black hair).

Honda has 2 of JPN's goals this world cup, and that amazing assist right there. Definitely the MVP!

Nakata is still around, even if he's not in the game. He's all over the news and magazine covers here.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
T
Originally Posted by Baron
Just to beat this dead horse back to life, I wanted to add that census info for the city of Los Angeles doesn't really address what Shell originally might have meant when referring to LA. Greater LA contains a number of smaller cities that are divided up with invisible lines and truly make up the whole of "LA." Uou should probably look at larger numbers when considering the local "diversity." I believe the city of Carson is considered the most diverse city in the nation, for instance.

What it sounded to me like she "meant" was that Seattle is a city largely void of anything but white people who think its weird when someone has a phone conversation in Spanish. Which I contest.

If you think Seattle is lacking in "diversity" maybe you are just hanging out in the wrong places.

There are entire districts in the Seattle metro area where 60+ percent of the residents are Hispanic, Somali, Vietnamese, Laotian, Korean, or what have you. But most of them speak English. I'd think people might look at you a little strange if you were speaking Spanish in a lot of places where you don't normally hear someone conversing in it.

And if you don't think there aren't a lot of Mexicans here, go drive down to the Lander Home Depot right now. Fourty of them and an INS agent in a truck are right outside the parking lot.

My company, fwiw, is about 30% white, 45% Hispanic,10% Indian, 10% black, and 5% other.
smile.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
can you F***ers take whatever demographic argument you're having to another threak? this is the thread where we celebrate the advancement of soccer powerhouses like the United States, Japan, and Korea and bid farewell to the pretenders like France and Italy.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow Honda [...]. Fuckin beautiful stuff.

He played for VVV Venlo. You know: VVV Venlo. The great, world famous VVV Venlo. (You can google now.)

Well done, congratulations.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry meant to put a slash there. Honda (blonde) w/ Okazaki (long black hair).

Honda has 2 of JPN's goals this world cup, and that amazing assist right there. Definitely the MVP!

Nakata is still around, even if he's not in the game. He's all over the news and magazine covers here.

i thought you were in philadelphia?
confused.gif

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
T

What it sounded to me like she "meant" was that Seattle is a city largely void of anything but white people who think its weird when someone has a phone conversation in Spanish. Which I contest.

If you think Seattle is lacking in "diversity" maybe you are just hanging out in the wrong places.

There are entire districts in the Seattle metro area where 60+ percent of the residents are Hispanic, Somali, Vietnamese, Laotian, Korean, or what have you. But most of them speak English. I'd think people might look at you a little strange if you were speaking Spanish in a lot of places where you don't normally hear someone conversing in it.

And if you don't think there aren't a lot of Mexicans here, go drive down to the Lander Home Depot right now. Fourty of them and an INS agent in a truck are right outside the parking lot.

My company, fwiw, is about 30% white, 45% Hispanic,10% Indian, 10% black, and 5% other.
smile.gif

i can't think of a single area in l.a. where someone would look at you funny for speaking a language other than english. it's just normal here.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ******* love Japan!!! Their players are pretty cool b/c all together they have probably banged about 1,150 J-chicks*. * MetroStyles Analysis. Assumes 23 team members @ 50 J-chicks a pop.

bwong337

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
can you F***ers take whatever demographic argument you're having to another threak? this is the thread where we celebrate the advancement of soccer powerhouses like the United States, Japan, and Korea and bid farewell to the pretenders like France and Italy.

laugh.gif
love it.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robben is back on his feet to killlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll again

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads