1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Munky

Munky Well-Known Member

Beautiful boots, Zip! Regards, Munky.

2. Olderfellow

Olderfellow Well-Known Member

I heard of a Tricker's price rise May 1st. Shoes and boots both £400+. Could be a load of old cobblers (talking).

3. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Well-Known Member

I finally got my hands on (and feet in) a pair of Tricker's. A very helpful vendor agreed to send me a pair of acorn stows to determine my 4497s size for a custom order. Turns out the 6.5 UK fitting 5 fits me pretty well! Cost me a fair bit to send them back but it was worth it to confirm my size.

I will be mto'ing a pair of stows or eatons in a lighter shade of calf or grain (however the coffee looks great). Anybody have a suggestion for which shade of calf would be most similar to teck cordovan? At this point I'm considering the mc gold or burnished tan grain. Acorn is cool but a little loud and orangey for my personal style.
    The make up will be casual with natural welt and dainite or commando sole and I might add details like suede tongue and colorful lining.

Any insight/suggestions for my first Tricker's mto would be appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 9:03 AM
  4. MSAINT

MSAINT Well-Known Member

Are you going through Richard at Shoe Healer?

Not enough Eaton on shops especially for small feet such as ours (I'm also a 6.5/5 in the4497S)

Grained and pebble leathers are beautiful, I could be interested in joining you if you go through Richard for an Zug Acorn(ish) leather.
    As for ideas, there are a lot of examples all along this thread...

5. Canadianguy

MSAINT, yes it will be through Richard. Zippyh posted a great pair of grain stows recently from the bureau. I'm wondering if that leather is the same as the "burnished tan grain" on the shoehealer custom options. If so, that exact makeup would be great as an mto/gmto. Could also work as an eaton (preference for no medallion) or cap toe.

6. MSAINT

MSAINT Well-Known Member

@Canadianguy I'd be in for a grainy captoe (Eaton, Allan, Parade...) as long as it has the traditional double leather sole + Commando or Dainite (orange "Dainite" by Itshide/Commando are great with light brown uppers)
    Some examples from this thread...
    4bb706aa_TrickersEaton-3.jpeg

20bf600f_2-25.jpeg

21b0c1f2_TrickersEaton-7.jpeg

a2788ef5_TTSECTB4497s.jpeg

aa033ae1fa3e813f67bfc90aadc30d9779bf5e63.jpeg

Allan1246080.jpg

7. Canadianguy

MSAINT, that sounds good to me. You can take the lead on this one being the Tricker's veteran. I'm like a kid in a candy shop - I want it all. Which boot style would be your preference?

Guessing we'd need four more to make this happen though right? Anybody else interested?

8. MSAINT

MSAINT Well-Known Member

Well err :oops:... After seeing the unbearable difficulties met by my good friend m0m0ne with the C&J Snowdon MTO, I don't feel like organizing anything and live a similar ordeal :confused:, but I know that Richard can do it as it's how I got my Cipresso cordovan Parade :D (I'm on his mailing list!)

Richard, if you read us... :p

9. Canadianguy

MSAINT, I didn't mean to suggest that you organize a gmto, merely to help decide the specific details of the make up! I trust your judgement as a man who knows his boots. ;)

However, I'm pretty enamored with this particular make up:

image.jpg

Might just go it alone unless as you say Richard can drum up some additional interested parties.

10. MSAINT

MSAINT Well-Known Member

I'm more a cap toe type of guy ;)
    Here are my Tricker's X END Allan Cap toe Sienna Scotch Grain

Tricker's Allan Cap toe Sienna Scotch Grain  - P4260004.JPG

EnglishShoes and Canadianguy like this.
  11. Canadianguy

Those look great MSAINT. Are those on the 4497s last?

I'm thinking an Eaton would be great in the tan burnished grain with commando or orange dainite. Do you guys think this would look good? I haven't seen an eaton in grain leather and I'm not very good at visualizing.

12. Olderfellow

Olderfellow Well-Known Member

Some strange pricing at time of writing on Tricker's main site. Good if you want to grab a pair of Woodstocks... Two different prices for Burford Marron. Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 00.05.23.jpg Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 00.10.38.jpg