1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. velomane

velomane Well-Known Member

i dunno- trickers are fantastic quality (and i have another pair on order)but i do find them often a bit clunky looking for a lot of my everyday fits. i wear petit standards a lot and my stow boots dont marry too well IMO. i bought some barker harrisons which are a bit sleeker and work much better.

What size are you in the Harrisons? What size are you in a pair of Tricker Stows? Any chance you know your size in Alden Barrie/Trubalance?

Mike

2. ninja07

ninja07 Well-Known Member

Awesome boots tonio. They look mighty versatile if you ask me. I just got a pair of Maltons from retricker and am loving it.

3. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

What size are you in the Harrisons? What size are you in a pair of Tricker Stows? Any chance you know your size in Alden Barrie/Trubalance? Mike
    TTS in both. stows are a little wider, barkers are a little longer, but not enough to size up/down for me. sorry no idea about aldens, they're hard to come by in the UK. id love to see more full length pics of people incorporating trickers into their fits, although perhaps that belongs in WAYWT.

4. MSAINT

MSAINT Well-Known Member

I, personally, love the "gentleman farmer" look they have but it's true that they are more "roots" than a pair of Crockett & Jones boots even more than a superb Edward Green pair of boots...

It's just a question of taste as I really enjoy wearing (comfort and look) my 5 pairs of Tricker's.

They're perfect with UK moleskin, tweed or Carhart roper pants, perfect with chinos and work pants, ideal with Japanese fabric denim (Edwin Sen, Atelier la Durance, Denim Demon, Nom de Guerre, Nudie...) or sweat shop made rigid/selvage demin such as Original Penguin or Levis. The only thing I need to do is choose a pair it's even easier for me that picking pants in the morning!

It's just me, they are completely and totally my style! [​IMG]

But I like wearing my Grenson, Heschung and Red Wing boots as well but apart from de 877 RW they are the most comfortable shoes I own, Tricker's last fits me like a pair of sleepers! [​IMG]

5. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

As beautiful as these babies are, I'm not sure they're working as well with my wardrobe as I had hoped so sadly they may be hitting the sale thread soon. We'll see. Anyway, onto the pics. Enjoy.

You'll regret selling them.
    Or as MSAINT might say
    [​IMG]

6. velomane

velomane Well-Known Member

TTS in both. stows are a little wider, barkers are a little longer, but not enough to size up/down for me. sorry no idea about aldens, they're hard to come by in the UK.

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know.

7. robinsongreen68

as requested, trickers malton v barker harrisonz [​IMG]

8. robinsongreen68

9. scott.m

scott.m Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just picked these up from Tonio028, thanks again, bud!

10. robinsongreen68

group shot, clockwise: trickers x ps coffee, trickers ripon c shade, barker harrison cedar calf, trickers malton c shade (just arrived from retricker- not sure if to keep them or not..) [​IMG]

11. kanukki

kanukki Active Member

Looks like Tres Bien shop is getting a set of new Trickers collabs tomorrow. The first glimpse looks like a Copper Repello Suede Bourton on a commando sole. Quite nice, can't wait to see what else they've come up with. Tricker's fo' Tres Bien Shop

12. 925

925 Well-Known Member

i sent this sketch to shoehealer [​IMG] they sent these back to me [​IMG] [​IMG] even better than i expected [​IMG]

13. MSAINT

MSAINT Well-Known Member

Pics are missing 925 (or don't open)! edit: maybe it's just me... [​IMG]But no proxy here so weird...

14. mikecch

mikecch Well-Known Member

Patent plus scotch grain is a little strange to me...maybe smooth calf with scotch grain?

15. 925

925 Well-Known Member

Pics are missing 925 (or don't open)!
    edit: maybe it's just me... [​IMG]But no proxy here so weird...

changed to photobucket, ok now?

16. MSAINT

MSAINT Well-Known Member

changed to photobucket, ok now?
    Yes, thanks a lot! Man your sketch seriously rocks... and the result is at the same image... Great! Big congrats 925! [​IMG]

17. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

I didn't draw a sketch, but Richard got the message:

Green aniline calf
    chocolate repello suede quarters
    storm welt
    dainite soles

sorry for terrible photo
    [​IMG]

18. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

i sent this sketch to shoehealer

[​IMG]

they sent these back to me

[​IMG] [​IMG]

even better than i expected [​IMG]

That's a nice job. I'm not a fan of patent, but they do look good.
    I didn't draw a sketch, but Richard got the message:

Green aniline calf
    chocolate repello suede quarters
    storm welt
    dainite soles

sorry for terrible photo
    [​IMG]

Photo aside, they look good.

19. robinsongreen68

+1, great stuff on both, if i find more ways to work trickers into my wardrobe MTO seems to be the way to go. hendrix i'd like to see some better pics of yours- some daylight shots at least...

20. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

will do...tomorrow in daylight.