• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They sure look like 4444 to me.

If you do a search for that style number M7345 you get some hits for Japanese sites.
If those ebay ones were for the Japanese market, Tricker's sometimes adjusts the sizing or some such idiotic thing.

Yeah, I found the same thing when I Googled. If they're 4444, not going to work for me. But the extra sizing monkeying around you reference means I'll just stay away.

Thanks!

nullspace

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm looking for some advice regarding sizing. I'm new to Tricker's, and I've read through the more recent pages here, though I'm still a bit confused. I take an 8.5E or 9D Barrie, and I'm trying to figure out my size in the 4444 last. If it makes a difference, the particular boot I'm interested in is the Superdenim collab, http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=3523, which is on a dainite sole. From the Shoehealer page and from some members' experiences here, it seems like I should be taking an 8 UK in the 4444. Does that sound right? Thanks in advance.

Carson

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm looking for some advice regarding sizing. I'm new to Tricker's, and I've read through the more recent pages here, though I'm still a bit confused. I take an 8.5E or 9D Barrie, and I'm trying to figure out my size in the 4444 last. If it makes a difference, the particular boot I'm interested in is the Superdenim collab, http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=3523, which is on a dainite sole. From the Shoehealer page and from some members' experiences here, it seems like I should be taking an 8 UK in the 4444. Does that sound right? Thanks in advance.
I am a 9D in a Barrie and I just ordered an 8UK from Richard in a 4444, which should arrive by Wednesday night. I take an 8.5UK in a 4497, and I've been told to size down further in the 4444. I am assuming you generally are a 9.5 in general US sizing, since most people size down 1/2 size on the Barrie last. The boot I am getting this week will be my first experience with the 4444, and I'd be happy to let you know how it goes.

tigerpac

Reaction score
How do you guys 'dress' the reddish edge/welt on acron stows?

Is there a polish or something that matches the color that can be used for touch ups?

Thanks!

nullspace

Reaction score
I find that the size 8 4444 last fits me about the same as the 9D Barrie.

I am a 9D in a Barrie and I just ordered an 8UK from Richard in a 4444, which should arrive by Wednesday night. I take an 8.5UK in a 4497, and I've been told to size down further in the 4444. I am assuming you generally are a 9.5 in general US sizing, since most people size down 1/2 size on the Barrie last. The boot I am getting this week will be my first experience with the 4444, and I'd be happy to let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the info! Carson, I'd appreciate your input when you get to try out the 4444s -- please keep me posted.

Carson

Reaction score
These just in from Richard- a pair of eton's, custom for Shoe Healer,

on the 4444. Looking forward to taking them out for a spin...

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carson - Awesome looking boots. Look forward to hearing your review after a few weeks of wear.

Enjoy

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps not to everyone's taste...
Faux crocostimpy from Grahame Fowler.

Carson

Reaction score
Perhaps not to everyone's taste...
Faux crocostimpy from Grahame Fowler.
Ha! Are those yours? Yes, I saw them as well on Grahame Fowler's site…I don't think I could ever pull those off. The 'oceanic blue' cordovan shoes he has on the site are also pretty interesting...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, I bought them.
No idea when I'll wear them.
Wifey just started laughing when she saw them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads