1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

yeah the cipresso boot is extremely stiff. even after 10 wears the leather felt rigid and uncomfortable. thats odd because my other pairs are soft

2. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Stows
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Ended up ordering the Cotto.

4. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

5. Akeem

Akeem Well-Known Member

So I spoke to the Shoehealer. They are changing minimum GMTO to 12 pairs at the end of this year. I would like to try to get a cordovan MTO going before this changes. We need 6 to make this happen.

I've got a couple pairs I'm interested in.

1. Black cordovan Austerity Stow with brass eyelets, natural storm welt, black dainite, red lining.

Basically this in black shell cordovan with red lining.

http://leathersoul.com/2012/02/08/trickers-austerity-stow-lsw-lsbh/

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/tricke...ry/tricker-s-austerity-stow-black-calf-detail

2. Teak cordovan plain toe boot with brass eyelets, natural storm welt, brown dainite.

If anyone is interested in either, let me know and we can get this going.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  6. badeggcat

badeggcat Well-Known Member

Might be interested in the teak depending on the last

7. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

I could be interested in #1--do you know the price?

8. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Potentially here as well

9. Akeem

Akeem Well-Known Member

4497 is the stock answer, but I could try 4444.

The last quote as 412gbp a few months back, but I am waiting on price confirmation.

10. Van504

Van504 Member

I'd be in on #1

11. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Well-Known Member

Found these yesterday for half off at a little boutique in Como. Talk about versatility. But I didn't know Trickers had a Made in Italy line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Nice find Boston!

13. Dembowski

Dembowski Well-Known Member

I am not wearing my Stows too often, but I could not resist and I decided to bid on ebay for these 2 pairs of Bourtons, and I won. Both pairs are in perfect condition, simply prepaid but not collected by potential customer. Both pairs of stow I have on 4497 and I assume that last 4444 might be a little bit roomy, but I hope insert will help.

115 GBP
    [​IMG]

137 GBP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    2 people like this.
  14. princealbert

princealbert Well-Known Member

Great price for those Bourtons Dembowski.
    There have been some very good deals on the RE Tricker eBay site recently. I picked up a pair of Stephen Chelsea boots in suede for £80 which is a crazy good price for boots of that quality. Like yours they were not seconds.
    I think you will definitely find the 4444 last more roomy but an insole or thick socks should solve that issue.

15. grizzlygiant

grizzlygiant Well-Known Member

I want to go in on the Trickers X SD Shell boot in burgundy but have never tried on this last before. I'm an 11D Brannock, should the 10UK fit me fine or would I need a half size? Thanks!

16. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

I typically wear 11D US (10.5 for Alden Barrie and Trubalance) and 10UK for almost all Carmina lasts so I went with 10UK.

17. Akeem

Akeem Well-Known Member

I am trying to orgnanize a GMTO through the shoehealer. They are raising the minimum for GMTO to 12 soon, so it will be more difficult to organize these later.

Right now I have 2 options that some people have expressed interest in.

1. Black cordovan Austerity Stow with brass eyelets, natural storm welt, black dainite, red lining.

Basically this in black shell cordovan with red lining.

http://leathersoul.com/2012/02/08/trickers-austerity-stow-lsw-lsbh/

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/tricke...ry/tricker-s-austerity-stow-black-calf-detail

2. Teak cordovan plain toe boot with brass eyelets, natural storm welt, brown dainite.

This boot with a plain toe and no pull tab.

http://imgur.com/a/c2wZt#0

If anyone is interested in either, let me know and we can get this going. We need 6 to get one going.

There are a couple interested in both, but we need a few more. Waiting on price confirmation today.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Well-Known Member

Question, fellows. How much heel slippage is normal/optimal in a new pair of loafers?

These new Trickers loafers feel great, but for a bit of slip in the heel as I walk. I tried the half size lower, which my feet felt extremely cramped in. The nuance of fit seems extreme. With medium weight socks, the slippage is minimal (a bit on the right heel). But with light no-show socks, there is enough slip to peel the rear of the sock down to my heel as I walk, effectively doubling the frustration.

As my first and only pair of penny loafers, I am hoping as they loosen up the fit will wrap to my foot more. They are leather lined, but have a synthetic sole... I fear what is most likely is some stretching, followed by an adjustment trip to the cobbler.

19. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

As you rightly recognized - the margins of error in loafer sizing is much lower than laceups and boots.
    However, i suspect the heel slippage will go away after the sole breaks in.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  20. grizzlygiant

grizzlygiant Well-Known Member

Clearly I didn't need much convincing, I ended up ordering a 10UK as well. Thanks!