1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

I think when you see a bunch of firsts of the same shoe in several sizes it's a custom order that got cancelled by the retailer for some reason or other. I doubt you're going to find those anywhere else.

The factory shop offers returns and takes off VAT for US customers. I'm not sure what added benefit you'd get from a retailer over the factory shop.

2. static age

static age Well-Known Member

I appreciate the additional information, realizing that I didn't clearly frame the intent of my request. I'm looking to see more photos of the shoe prior to purchasing from the factory shop's eBay, and I figured a retailer may have, for instance, an on-model shot. Thanks again.

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Here are a couple photos I took with my phone. The only difference I see from the pictures on the ebay listing are that they used a flash, so the shoes appear grayish there. These are straight black.

Ebay listing with pictures: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trickers-si...114?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item259e55a5ea

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. Munky

Munky Well-Known Member

What beautiful shoes! Given that they seem to be made of both calf and suede leather, how will you go about cleaning and polishing them?

5. 124816

124816 New Member

These are gorgeous, is that cuba waxy? Love the contrast around the brogueing.

6. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Teak Cordovan.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. meso

meso Well-Known Member

"Very carefully."

8. Massachusetts

Massachusetts Well-Known Member

Zippy,
    Where did you find the great Teak Cordovan PTB's? Do they have a double leather sole? Thx

9. scrolls

scrolls Well-Known Member

Anybody know where to find these Trickers olive boots? Looked at several online stores that sell Trickers but no luck.

[​IMG]

10. ModWar

ModWar Well-Known Member

Need some advice for sizing the W2298 last correctly. I am UK7.5 in last 4497 and also Crockett & Jones. And US8 in Aldens Barrie last. What would be the right size for the W2298? I assume UK7.5 also, but unfortunately the boot is only available in UK8 at the retailer. Should i give it a try?

11. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Got them from Super Denim a little over a year ago. 4444 last on double leather.

I've got 2298 in same size and also 1/2 size up from 4497.
    The 2298 in same size are snugger than 4497 and I wouldn't wear thick socks with them.
    Or if you have a high instep, you might be better off with the bigger 2298.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  12. ModWar

ModWar Well-Known Member

@zippyh Thank you so much for the fast reply! That sounds promising. I have UK8 in Clarks also. I will give UK8 a try.

13. makedon

makedon New Member

Hi and thanks for sharing. I would love a pair of Hermanns (preferably in black) and have spoken to Richard who stated they are MTO only. Are you aware of anyone else that might be selling Hermanns?

14. princealbert

princealbert Well-Known Member

The w2298 and 4497 are quite similar. The 4497 probably comes up slightly larger but not as much as half a size so I suspect you would find a UK 8 a bit too large.

15. princealbert

princealbert Well-Known Member

Just read Zippy's rept to the 2298 vs 4497 question, which gives different advice to mine. As Zippy says if you wear a different thickness of sock you may be ok. I still think the difference is less than half a size but with Trickers there's always an element of 'trial and error' and the shape of your foot / instep will certainly be a factor.

16. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

I agree regarding the 2298/4497 not being a difference of 1/2 size.
    But depending upon one's feet there's enough difference that going up 1/2 size will work for some.

17. markrobo

markrobo Member

Hi I've just brought a pair of second hand tricker's at £175 witch isn't bad there in superb condition ripon boot they were handed down from this gentleman's grandad beleaved to be 40 years old the bench mark is 153|003 59047c

18. malcb33

malcb33 Well-Known Member

I'm new to Trickers and wondering if you guys could help me out?

I saw these military soled Margaret Howell x Trickers derbys and really like them, however I can find the black ones available anywhere in my size.

Does Trickers offer anything similar in their line-up which might be more readily available?

[​IMG]

19. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

Considering my first pair of Trickers and was looking for opinions from those familiar with the brand. My question is not one of style or even value, but of the quality of suede. The only suede shoes I currently own are all Alden's, and while comsidering a snuff suede from Fransboone, I stumbled across a pair of suede/leather Trickers. For how these will be worn, I like the Trickers better. They also have the added benefit of being less expensive, but that is a non-factor in my decision. My only question is whether anyone with experience with both brands finds the quality to be comparable or whether there is a difference.

I realize that these types of questions can evoke strong opinions and I'm hoping to avoid starting a flame war. Just hoping for insight from some of the experts.

BTW, here are the 2 models I'm comparing......

http://www.fransboonestore.com/coll...-shoes-cola-suede-coffee-burnished-leather-92

http://www.fransboonestore.com/coll...gwing-snuff-suede-on-double-waterlock-sole-32

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  20. Munky

Munky Well-Known Member

My Bourton's have a tendency to slip a bit at the heels. Is this something that works itself out once the [very thick] soles have broken in? Apart from that, they are the most comfortable shoes I have yet to wear. Any ideas about the slipping heel would be welcome, though. Could a cobbler paste in a bit of chamois or other thin leather? I would rather not go down that route.

I ask this out of pure self interest. Mrs Munky has taken an interest in my buying a second pair of Bourton MTO. MTO order, that is, for the shop I bought them from. This is wonderful news.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015