1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Tweedboy

Tweedboy Active Member

Here is a pair of mine in my favourite leather, Lollipop Cavalier[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. EnglishShoes

EnglishShoes Well-Known Member

Great thanks.

That Shoe Healer site is a new one on me, so I will have a browse.

I usually look through Herring Shoes and Pediwear, so Shoe Healer is another one on my list!

3. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

I got a pair of those and love 'em!

4. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

Richard, at Shoe Healer, is the best. A very knowledgeable gentleman. By pale tan, you mean acorn???

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Richard and Michelle are fantastic. I want to order more shoes exclusively from them going forward if only for the sake of enjoying excellent customer service

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

+1

They are so terrific

7. prurient

prurient Well-Known Member

Had a Nepenthes Gift Card and didn't really see anything I liked in terms of clothing at the store... so I treated myself to my fourth pair of Tricker's. :)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. DuckOB

DuckOB Well-Known Member

Prurient

very nice, what kind of soles on those? Enjoy the new shoes!

9. prurient

prurient Well-Known Member

Commando. They have them with double leather soles as well.

10. Mighty Morris

Mighty Morris Well-Known Member

I don't think that it would be sacrilege at all. Do your thing and enjoy your boots the way you like them. That, for me, is one of the joys of quality, organic materials.

Of course, whatever you do depends on what you are looking for. No point buying acorn boots if you want dark brown ... because they make those anyway. But if what you want is a darker, burnished version of a lighter colour (if that makes sense) then use your skills and make something unique. I don't think any of my shoes (except darker suede ones) are the same shade as when I bought them.

I even have a pair of Tricker's shoes that I dyed a different colour altogether and I have been wearing, and enjoying, them twice as as much as a result.

And, finally, I cannot recommend Richard at the Shoe Healer highly enough. If you are in Newcastle jump on a train to Doncaster and spend a couple of hours trying on shoes and boots. He will enjoy it as much as you will (is it OK to say that Richard?).

Happy shopping,
    MM

11. EnglishShoes

EnglishShoes Well-Known Member

Thanks all,

I am quite fussy regarding how shoes fit on me, so I am planning a trip to the Tricker's factory shop to try some on.

My last tour was on a Saturday and covered Church's, Crocket & Jones, Jeffery West, Barkers and Cheaney. I only missed Trickers because the shop isn't open on Saturdays,

Edit to add, the colour I have seen is "C Shade Gorse calf" like this;
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  12. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Tricker's has at least 3 different colors that are very similar. There's that C shade, 1001, and acorn.
    Acorn is likely the most common.

13. princealbert

princealbert Well-Known Member

I understand what you mean about 'untreated' leather now - c shade gorse comes in a matt finish. Tough but supple leather. But I think it will not react well to being polished a different colour. Just my opinion but I think you'd be better if getting some stows in Espresso or another dark brown if you don't like c shade.

14. Mighty Morris

Yes, I agree with that.

1001 is the softest leather of the three and is just lovely. Acorn is more hardy. I like it a lot but it takes a while to take on a patina. I have never had a C-Shade boot or shoe. I would only do so if it was for a genuine work-boot or shoe, as it is a very hardy leather, and not for looks.

EnglishShoes, I have never been to the Tricker's factory shop, so cannot comment on the service, but I cannot believe it would be better than Shoe Healer's. However, there will likely be factory specials available so you might find something rare. Don't put off a trip to Doncaster for too long, though.

By the way, one leather to look out for, although it is pricey, is Teak Cordovan. Very beautiful. Cheaper (standard price) and interesting options are Beechnut Burnished and Coffee Burnished. Hard to find on the shelf, though.

Best,
    MM

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

16. princealbert

MM I'm interested to hear that you are a big fan of 1001. I have just ordered a pair of boots in that colour and was wondering if I had done the right thing - hopefully I will like it as much as you do.

17. Mighty Morris

I am sure that you haven't made a mistake princealbert. I have a pair of MTO Henrys in 1001 ... they just get nicer and nicer. This is an early pic:

[​IMG]

I also bought the Missus a pair of MTO Stephys in 1001:

[​IMG]

Just need to find something for the cat now!

MM

18. princealbert

Wow MM! Looking good, looking very good.

Will try and post some pics of my 9 eyelet boots in 1001 when they arrive.

19. Mighty Morris

Please do.

Are they an MTO?

MM

20. princealbert

They are not an individual MTO, but an MTO that Pediwear have had made up which they call Hoylake on the 81 last.

I see from the most recent Shoehealer newsletter that Richard is doing a similar bulk MTO in Cofffee and in 1001 on the 2298 last.

By the way Pediwear have a 20% off Black Friday offer that is happening today and which includes Tricker's - definitely worth taking a look.