• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

C&J Belgraves I think.

Yes sir. C&J Belgrave in Polo Brown Suede. I took the picture with the pair since they both arrived together.

Feji

Reaction score
cross post from Trickers MTO thread:

[quote name="Feji"]

I plan on placing a MTO order within 2 weeks with Richard. If anybody else is interested with this style, let me know. If enough are interested, we may qualify for a bulk MTO.

Specs:
Brogue Wingtip (last still TBD)
Midnight Blue Rapello Suede Outer
Bottle Green Inner
Natural flat welt
Black or Brown Dainite sole

img.php
[/quote]

Last edited:

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're made to be worn but wow, not like that. Its like, hmmm, snow boots bought to trash or $$$$ Trickers... eh, wear the Trickers. :crazy:

You don't have to live like that. Life is too short for "snow boots bought to trash."

Seriously, snow is no match for the Trickers. They clean up and dry off and look like new. That is the point of the country boots

TheChefs

Reaction score
Finally got myself some trickers boots. I've applied two coats of Obenauf LP to it and they will see plenty of knee deep snow in less than a week.

Here are some pics after Obenauf LP, I don't have any before photos. Also my old redwings are in the pics, as they were going to be topped up with some more of the same stuff.

I've to say the leather is thinner than RW, so I hope they will be a lot easier to break in.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
They certainly are Trciker's but MTO as in that specification are not made for reguylar stock. At least not here in the UK.
They would be on the 4497s Last and based on the MTO only model 'Daniel'. Quite uncommon for models made on this Last, they have been specified with a Flat Welt, which perhaps suits 'plain' models better than Brogues, at least it does in my opinion on these heavier Country Lasts.
Similar models from stock would be the Woodstock, Matlock and Kendal, the most notable differences being the Heel Counter and Blind Eyelets fitted to these stock models.
The colours and Soles are also different.

99% positive these are Tricker's, but what model?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the arch support in Tricker's? I'm specifically looking at the Grasmere.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
How is the arch support in Tricker's? I'm specifically looking at the Grasmere.

The Arch of the Foot is supported in all Tricker's shoes by a 'Beech Wood Shank'.
Support and fit is great with all Tricker's if the Last they are made on suits your feet very well.
The Grasmere would be made on 4497s Last but only in Wide 'Fitting 6'.
Most with a 'regular;' shaped foot will drop Half a Size into this Last and Fitting, unless the intention is to wear it with a very thick sock.
Hope this helps.
Richard.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They certainly are Trciker's but MTO as in that specification are not made for reguylar stock. At least not here in the UK.
They would be on the 4497s Last and based on the MTO only model 'Daniel'. Quite uncommon for models made on this Last, they have been specified with a Flat Welt, which perhaps suits 'plain' models better than Brogues, at least it does in my opinion on these heavier Country Lasts.
Similar models from stock would be the Woodstock, Matlock and Kendal, the most notable differences being the Heel Counter and Blind Eyelets fitted to these stock models.
The colours and Soles are also different.

Thanks!

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Arch of the Foot is supported in all Tricker's shoes by a 'Beech Wood Shank'.
Support and fit is great with all Tricker's if the Last they are made on suits your feet very well.
The Grasmere would be made on 4497s Last but only in Wide 'Fitting 6'.
Most with a 'regular;' shaped foot will drop Half a Size into this Last and Fitting, unless the intention is to wear it with a very thick sock.
Hope this helps.
Richard.

Thanks. Do you mean drop a half size from my brannock measurement, or a half size from other Tricker's lasts? I assume you mean the former, but I don't know how other Tricker's fit so I want to be sure.

Also, how does the scotch grain hold up to repeated scuffing? I have a weird gait where I can't help but scuff the front of my shoes constantly. Is scotch grain better or worse than smooth leather when it comes to that? Seems like it might not look good over time.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found the Puglia in grey in an 11 in Kurt Geiger's sale:

at £149 I was struggling to resist and when I came across KGWELCOME10 to give me an additional £20 off (total £133 including shipping) I gave in to temptation...

The sale finishes this weekend but if you're quick they still had the following:

Puglia Tan in a 42 and a 45 for £149 or £129 with the code:

Antibes Navy 41 for £149 or £129 with the code:

Dillinger Black/Grey in a 45 for £215 or £195 with the code (was tempted myself):

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My babies are back from the cobbler's. He charged me 5 €. Go back a few pages if you don't kow what the issue was.

01375630.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads