1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. gsugsu

gsugsu Well-Known Member

I think that would be right. I wear a 11.5 UK on the country lasts, and a 12 UK in their city lasts.

Thanks bbhewee. Which city last shoes do you have?

2. bbhewee

bbhewee Well-Known Member

I had the James penny loafer which I sold because it just didn't look right on my big feet... But I loved them.
    And I tried on various models, including the Regent, Guildford and Harvard, but somehow always end up sticking to Trickers for the country shoes only, probably due to the fact that I don't really need to wear city shoes regularly. But all of these in a 12UK in the 5 width were pretty good.
    12UK in the country collection is a tad big, 11UK is a tad short, and 11.5 is MTO only (in the UK at least) so I only have one pair which fit me rather well. But they are not perfect as I have a low instep, which means they are tied rather tightly. Not ideal, but not a problem either.

3. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Well-Known Member

Japan only edition Paul Smith collab brogue boot (basically the Stow boot with dainite sole in a PS only color leather and addtl brogueing detail that the normal Stow doesnt have), dainite sole
    [​IMG]

anyone else a fan?

Great boots GS!

shoehealer site is awesome!

my wallet's fucked

Richard @ shoehealer is recommended over in MC.

hello SF,
    i am still very new to the many forums here,
    these were my first pair of real boots I purchased in Japan two years ago:

Trickers | Logger Wingtip M7219 | Grey Calf | Japan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fvck, a pair just like those showed up on ebay a couple of years ago in my size and I forgot to bid. [​IMG]

4. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Stow with dainite sole in antique acorn from pediwear.
    Amazed at how fast they got here. Shipped from GB Tuesday and delivered two days later.
    Yay for parcel force/usps. Plus no customs/duty.
    [​IMG]

Smiley face heel.
    [​IMG]

With the Bourtons from Leather Soul. Tom alluded to it, but these things are beasts.
    They have to have the thickest, stiffest double sole I've ever experienced. It's going to take forever to break these things in.
    [​IMG]

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Amazed at how fast they got here. Shipped from GB Tuesday and delivered two days later.
    Yay for parcel force/usps. Plus no customs/duty.

these things are beasts.
    They have to have the thickest, stiffest double sole I've ever experienced. It's going to take forever to break these things in.

yes I was pleasantly shocked at the speed of parcel force too. When I saw that it was a mail service I assumed 7-10 days transit and they arrived in 2. and like you said NO CUSTOMS!

did the boots come with shoe trees? My antique acorn brogues came with (what look like lasted) shoe trees which were included in the price. And once you buy a pair of Trickers from pedi you are in their "Trickers club" which gets you 10% (or was it 15) off all future Trickers purchases.

sole is thick, they take a while to break in, but arent uncomfortable to wear. I've never had any discomfort with new Trickers, just that initial stiffness from the sole being so beastly

6. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

yes I was pleasantly shocked at the speed of parcel force too. When I saw that it was a mail service I assumed 7-10 days transit and they arrived in 2. and like you said NO CUSTOMS!

did the boots come with shoe trees? My antique acorn brogues came with (what look like lasted) shoe trees which were included in the price. And once you buy a pair of Trickers from pedi you are in their "Trickers club" which gets you 10% (or was it 15) off all future Trickers purchases.

sole is thick, they take a while to break in, but arent uncomfortable to wear. I've never had any discomfort with new Trickers, just that initial stiffness from the sole being so beastly

They came with Dasko shoe trees, some Tricker's polish, and Pediwear shoe horn. Also got a letter for the Tricker's Club and a 5% discount.

Yeah, the Bourtons were okay on my feet except for the usual bit of soreness from a new pair of shoes. But I was comparing them to some Alden and C&J double shoes and the Tricker's are just so much heavier and stiffer. I like it. It's just that at the rate I rotate through shoes, it could be years before they're broken in.

7. bbhewee

bbhewee Well-Known Member

They actually are a lot more comfortable and break-in quicker than you may think. But yes, they're pretty damn sturdy shoes.

8. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Damn, zippyh, those are awesome. That acorn color is stunning - it'll be interesting to see how it breaks in.

I envy your daininte soles. I'm going to have Cat's Paw put on my leather-soled stows this weekend. They're terrible in wet weather.

9. konadog

konadog Well-Known Member

just got an email this morning that mine just shipped - so hopefully i'll see them early next week.

10. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Yikes!
    Women's boot at Yoox.
    [​IMG]

11. meso

meso Well-Known Member

"Honey, do you think these boots are a little over the top?"

12. The Individual

The Individual Member

Trickers x Present green aniline brogue boot with Vibram sole, I swapped the lace's over to white on them. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^Still gotta take pics of mine to sell.

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

It's just that at the rate I rotate through shoes, it could be years before they're broken in.

i hear you. I'm just starting to give the acorn Bourton brogues some real wear now. I tend to wear shoes in phases, where I'll only wear like 2 or 3 religiously for a while and nothing else. Then rotate to another 2 or 3. I have no ability to wear a different pair everyday, it's sort of all or none for me.

15. stroke5

stroke5 Well-Known Member

how is a dainite sole in wet/snowy weather? is a commando sole the more versatile choice?

16. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Dainite is good on wet pavement.
    Obviously commando is going to be a lot better in snow or mud.

17. scott.m

scott.m Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My present Trickers in Navy Rapello. Wearing them right now, so good.

Does anyone know where one could have a vibram sole re-done so it is white upon re-soling? I fucking hate black soles.

18. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Well-Known Member

I just commissioned a MTO Malton; Brown Zug Grain, Semi-Brogue, Commando Sole...so excited!

19. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Dainite is good on wet pavement.
    Obviously commando is going to be a lot better in snow or mud.

Certainly danite is better than leather.

20. about11oclock

about11oclock Well-Known Member

Guys,

Beautiful thread. There is an authorized trickers retailer in like Chelsea or the West Village, isn't there? Does anyone know the name and location? I remember it being featured a few weeks back on selectism but I can't seem to find it.

Many Thanks!