1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. jamesryan123

jamesryan123 Active Member

You wont find much money off the Commander anywhere really. It is sold out in most places or partially sold out. The Large seems especially popular. The best I found in the UK was a 5% code off it from Psyche or a 10% off it from Northern Threads (depending if they have your size).

2. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Well-Known Member

This is also an excellent jacket , I bought one and returned it because I managed to find by chance the real McCoy! the original Bond To Kai production with the hood, paid a premium for it though!

Buy it now as they are made in limited numbers and once gone it will be hard to find, if I were to find one at a discount I will buy it now.

3. katch

katch Well-Known Member

I think it looks good.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

One button popped out of my Bedale. The jacket is less than 1 month old. What to do? Do they repair it for free, and do I have to send it to the factory?

5. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

They all fit wide and big at the bottom - that's the look

I think yours looks good. I was going to ask if you had extra room in the shoulders, but you won't if you wear a liner or sweater (or both), so that seems like a good fit.

6. jhwendland

jhwendland Well-Known Member

Make sure to buy a liner (for warmth, not the fit). You won't regret it.

7. katch

katch Well-Known Member

I have a Beaufort in 40 to put a liner in. Could have taken a 38, but wanted the room for liner and layering. Thinking about a 38 bedale for fall without a liner. If anyone is selling, let me know

8. poena

poena Well-Known Member

Thanks. It feels like it fits decently well in the shoulder area. it was just the bottom felt super wide and I think it'd get quite drafty.

If I have a size 36 what size liner do I need? S? XS?

And which is the one to get? I've seen polarquilt and quilt, I've also seen one with "fur".

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  9. Tcameron

Tcameron Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard of the Warehouse sale returning to the Milford, NH location for this season?

10. jhwendland

jhwendland Well-Known Member

Get the one with "warm" in its name, the warm pile liner.

11. katch

katch Well-Known Member

12. jah1961

jah1961 Member

Just a heads up, Saks is having a Friends and Family sale, and Barbour's are eligible for the 25% discount. Picked up a Beaufort for $299.

13. poena

poena Well-Known Member

what size liner for a size 36 bedale?

14. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

15. katch

katch Well-Known Member

Quote:That's great to know. Thanks!

16. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I use the medium liner or 38 in my Beaufort. YMMW with the Bedale. I tried on the small liner and the 36 liner and it was too small on me even without the Beaufort on top.

17. carltonbanks

carltonbanks Member

it doesn't look too large at the bottom. I think the fit looks good, if anywhere looks too big it would be the shoulders. I think that most people can probably fit into multiple barbour sizes with how they're cut. My bedale is a 38 which is a size up from my typical jacket size but fits fine in the shoulders, arms length and takes a size small polarquilt liner well. If yours is a 36 I'd try small or xsmall

18. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

I picked up a Beaufort in Navy today at the Barbour Outlet in Kittery, ME. I really appreciate all the info you guys gave me about the jackets and outlet. I was going to originally go with a Bedale, but the Beaufort just looked better on me...and was in Navy.

$399 and then 50% off FYI

1 person likes this.
  19. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in an international size 36? Probably going to put it on ebay soon I've only worn it 3 times and it just does sit on me like I would like. Probably going to get a navy bedale with any money I recoup from selling this.