1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

the Sapper has a drawstring waist...that might serve you better.

Thanks for the Blast advice, gonna go with L.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  2. mscott

mscott Member

Just to chime in, it seems we are the same exact size in the other coats, and the Blast in L fits me great.

3. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

Was hoping to get some fit advice. I am a Large in the many To Ki To pieces I have other than the AW12 Wool Fishing jacket and the AW12 Olive Sporting Quilt with the herringbone elbow patches, both of which were too snug. So I was wondering, would I still be a Large in the Sports Jacket (Bond)? I have a 43" chest.

4. mikeman

mikeman Well-Known Member

Any idea if the outlet have the Beaufort on sale? If so how much?

5. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

Got the tan colored Blast in today from Stuart's in the UK...no duty (yet?) and 3 days from ordering. Large fits great, and this is a really nice spring piece, I gotta say.

6. mscott

mscott Member

Mine came from there as well, very quickly also. I was impressed. And it was way below US Retail. I've been loving the jacket. It's great for this time of year, when my beaufort is a bit too heavy.

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. The Blast is perfect for this transitional weather.

8. Styleyue

Styleyue New Member

I am around 43 chest and my shoulder is about 19 and I went with an XL. L might me too snug depending on how built you are

9. poena

poena Well-Known Member

who has gotten the kids barbour international? If I'm 5'8" and 140lbs is a kids option viable for me?

10. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Well-Known Member

I guess many ppl already asked this question, but I will ask anyways.

Does Badale match well with typical business casual outfit (OCBD + wool pants + dress shoes)?

If answer is Yes for above question, what is the best colour choice? Olive?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  11. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Well-Known Member

It works nicely, however I plan to pick up a Beaufort so I have the option to wear it over a blazer and olive is my preferred colour choice.

12. Nicolai

Nicolai Well-Known Member

Welp, turns out that c28/71cm is a children's size. oops

13. Stewbone

Stewbone Well-Known Member

Has the leather trim options always been apart of the barbour modifications available on the website?

http://www.barbour.com/us/repairs-reproofing-us

I sent my bedale back last year to have the sleeves lengthened and do not remember all the added options.

I don't even need leather trims, but I may just trim on trim on trim.

14. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

wow... $90 for partial lining replacement? o_o I guess I will be fixing the rip inside my jacket myself.

15. krystle920

krystle920 New Member

Does anyone know where I can get women's Barbour jackets from the UK to be shipped to the US? Preferably a place that will deduct the 20% tax. Also, just to clarify is the 20% usually deducted from the list price online or is it just that you pay the price they show online? Thanks!

16. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

Wow $75 to lengthen sleeves? Wonder if they take your old sleeves off and just put new longer ones on.

17. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

MyWardrobe is one:

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/barbour?search=barbour

Sign up for their emails as they sometimes do codes. Don't know where they're based, but IIRC they deduct VAT. I'm not really sure about W's shop, but a couple of tips based on what I've found:

-There are A LOT of fake sites out there. Barbour's own site lists probably all of them. Usually they have the name "Barbour" in the shop name.
    -I've found that some styles are noticeably less on UK sites, and that's even before you deduct VAT and take a discount. EU sites outside of the UK tend be the same as US pricing though.
    -You might want to check here in the States if that's where your based. Barbour has discounts, typically on weekends, but they usually exclude the classic styles.
    -VAT tends to be deducted either at checkout, if they have a US version of their site or if you create an account.

18. Makoreaction

Makoreaction Member

Does anyone have an explanation for why Barbour does not use chest measurements for the ashby, instead opting for S M L etc.? This is madding. I am just under 5'11" and 135 lbs and I ordered a 34 bedale and it was too large, and too long, even in the sleeves. My actual chest is about 33" and I have a 32 coming now. The thing is, I hear people on here who are a couple inches shorter than me complaining that the sleeve are too short on size 38's and 40's. I don't have particularly short arms so I'm baffled at this.

And you'd think, okay, I'm a slimmer guy, I should probably go for the ashby right? Since it's a slimmer bedale. Yet when I look at the measurements for even the smallest ashby, the XS, it is significantly larger than the 32 bedale I ordered, in terms of chest, length, and sleeve length. My goodness this is a headache.

EDIT: Actually the sleeves on the XS ashby are a bit shorter than the 32 bedale, but the chest size and overall length are significantly greater.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  19. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

How is this possible? Your on that Christian Bale machinist time?

Im 5'8" and the 38 sleeves are perfect for me on bedale...idk how a 34 could be too large other than your shoulders are so narrow that you have more distance beween where the arm holes sit which would add length to the arms

20. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

That's what I am thinking (that he has narrow shoulder). I have a 36 Beaufort and the sleeves are a little short on me. I am a 38 chest and typically wear 32-33 sleeve length shirts.