1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. RicPac

RicPac Well-Known Member

What's funny is that I went back to the exact page with one click. Which did you end up buying? I was leaning towards the quilted but when I called up my local Barbour store, they said the pile was warmer but also I don't know if I would like the look of the pile or te feel of it

2. atlguy

atlguy New Member

Anyone have a recommendation on a UK proxy? The barbour jacket I'm looking to buy doesn't appear to be available in the U.S. I found the jacket on a UK website, but the vendor doesn't accommodate U.S. purchases/shipping.

Any help would be appreciated.

3. nolifeking

nolifeking New Member

I'm looking to move on a barbour x tokito hidcote but I'm unsure of sizing. I take an XL in the Tokito Sports jacket I'm guessing the hidcote would be the same?

4. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I am still waiting on a deal on the polarquilt liner. I think I can get some use out of it as outerwear. Don't think I can do the same with the pile liner.

5. pdxmeyer

pdxmeyer New Member

Just purchased an Ashby as my first Barbour jacket this year. It looks slimmer from the outside as you're wearing it, but there's still room on the inside. I just wore it with a wool sweater and it wasn't too tight. It's not as boxy as Bedale. I really enjoy the look and room of the Ashby, and I might get a liner in the future. Good Luck!

6. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

I'm some what regretting getting the Mac and not something like bedale or Beaufort or well I'll pick one of then up some time next year before the fall season.

7. OmniscientCause

Or the ashby or transport for that matter

8. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

Has anyone picked up the Tokito Beacon Sports jacket? Can anyone comment on sizing? I'm pretty much a Medium on most brands (ie Epaulet, Gitman) and prefer the slimmer fit so I ordered a Medium.

9. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

I am looking for a Classic Beaufort in olive, size 34.
    Any chance to get my hands on it for less than GBP235 including shipping to Germany?

10. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I picked mine up for $265 shipped on eBay from a US seller selling to me in the US. Not sure how that complicates the equation though.

11. bandwitch

bandwitch Member

If you're a medium in brands like j.crew, ralph lauren, gant, etc., then I'd go for a large. If you need measurements let me know.

12. pwc123

pwc123 New Member

13. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

Yeah i'd love some measurements. I mean, I can wear medium in J.crew, but I can also wear small in some of their shirts. I think Medium in Epaulet is something closer to my fit. Also depends if I want to layer with it... I was really thinking I'd only wear it with 2 thin layers, no thick sweaters.

14. bandwitch

bandwitch Member

Measurements of Barbour X To Ki To Beacon Heritage Sports Jacket (measured according to http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/clothing/style-tips/how-to-measure-a-jacket)

-Large
    Back length: 29"
    Pit-to-pit: 22"
    Shoulders: 18.25"
    Sleeves: 27.25"

-Medium
    Back length: 27.5"
    Pit-to-pit: 21.5"
    Shoulders: 17.75"
    Sleeves: 26"

15. rosenkruez

rosenkruez Well-Known Member

Thanks for this! I was looking for this info everywhere. Looks like I made the right choice w L.

16. OmniscientCause

I really want that bond jacket...what are the chances they actually have a decent restocking by next fall?

17. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Several Barbour retailers were recently accepting pre-orders on those for a Springtime 2013 restock. If you didn't get on the bandwagon then you may have missed out permanently - not sure they'll do it again.

On another note, can anyone tell me how to get pork fat out of waxed cotton :embar:

18. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

PSA: Sporting Life in Toronto is selling Bedale for $299 and Beaufort for $269...They have an online store as well: sportinglife.ca.

19. OmniscientCause

Thats rather annoying...I guess I will be looking for the closest thing to it them, but I honestly dont think anything Ive seen comes close.

20. Alexidb

Alexidb Member

you don't, but thats ok it gives it character...