1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. cornbread

cornbread Member

Yeah, they are releasing more of them, and I've recently been notified that I can preorder one in the next couple of days. Problem is I can't try them on, because it's a preorder. I'd describe my build as lean but athletic (I do a bit of lifting and running), I think (read: hope) they fit like the originals. For clarification - you'd recommend a medium? I'm not planning to layer a ton, but I was wanting to have it fit well over a simple sweater and shirt two layer (as I guess I'll mostly be wearing it in cooler weather). Thanks for helping a guy out. I'd have no idea about the sizing without some useful advice.

2. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

Whats the cost range on those jackets?

3. private eyes

private eyes Well-Known Member

I have a XS black ariel international in the mail coming to me. If its too small, it'll be available if anyones interested.

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

I bought mine from the UK and had it sent to the US. Retail in the US was insane -something like $800. In the UK it cost me $320 so about $500. The best price I saw was for an XL on My Wardrobe - can't remember how much it was but I remember thinking, "Christ almighty! That's an effing good price!".

5. Guus

Guus Well-Known Member

I agree. I have a medium and that is pretty roomy. Sapper doesn't have the contemporary fit I was told it had.

6. OmniscientCause

Oh lawd...800? Im buying the merton mac this weekend I think and thats 400 and a trench. Thats the most id spend on a jacket now. Just cant afford it. But I walk to work every day and the noreasters (the last two days) require a decent trench. So the cost is justifiable.

7. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

For reference I'm 5'7, 140lbs with a 38" chest and Ive tried a medium of it with just a tshirt on and it just a little too big for me. Other people would have probably been fine with the fit but i like things to fit slim.

8. OmniscientCause

140 lbs with a 38 inch chest? Not hating but you either have a very low bf or this is not possible.

9. private eyes

private eyes Well-Known Member

im 5`9 145 lbs , 36 chest, and I can't wear anything but a XS in most Barbour jackets.

10. Dave_SFU

How is it not possible? Im actually 141 lbs right now according to my scale.

11. OmniscientCause

Because im 160ish lbs with a 38 inch chest and also 5'8" and still toss weight around for my size. 20 less lbs with the same size chest when im pushing weight doesnt make sense.

I wasnt questioning ur weight as much as I was questioning ur chest size.

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

Totally possible to be 38 chest and 140lbs. Heck I think I was that big when I was 130lbs. I am 2 inches shorter than Dave though. I think right now I am floating at 155lbs.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  13. pdxmeyer

pdxmeyer New Member

Looking for a medium Polarquilt Zip-In Liner in Olive or dark color for my Ashby. Thanks

14. Dave_SFU

Went up to the Warehouse sale this morning. Got there about an hour after it opened and i was told there were people waiting outside since 7am. Customers were limited to 12 items per person. Review:

-Boxes and boxes of button up shirts for $10, sweaters for between $10 and $25
    -tons of size small/medium/XL/XXL quilted/nylon S/S jackets. a few waxed ones mixed in but not an over abundance. all jackets were between $50 and $150. a few Tokito and McQueen jackets were to be found in there
    -4 or 5 20 foot racks of size large coats. alot of waxed in there, mostly because Barbour samples are size large.
    -3 long racks of Bedales and Beauforts in every size and color, all marked at $250
    -womens jackets a plenty but i didnt look at them really
    -alot of footwear. dozens of boxes of BarbourXRockport boots/shoes for $25 a pair
    -some bags but most of them looked like they had been cleared out.

[​IMG]

15. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

Dave, what did you pick up for me?

16. Dave_SFU

What were you looking for?

17. dgonsh

dgonsh Well-Known Member

18. mikeman

mikeman Well-Known Member

Dave, I'm still looking for a olive Beaufort in a 38. Does the outlet have them on sale at the moment?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  19. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Wow... is anyone going (Dave are you planning to going back?) to the warehouse sale?
    I would really like to get a new pair of Barbour X Rockports boots- I loved mine back in 2010 - and some sweaters in XS.

20. Dave_SFU

Theyre $250