1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. adebisi

adebisi Well-Known Member

I didn't see this great thread.

Check my posts, I'm selling some barbour jackets (samples).

2. Edgein

Edgein Well-Known Member

I have a hood from a Burberry waxed cotton jacket, 3 snaps v 4 for Barbour, I understand. Free to a good home, if you pay for shipping. Anyone interested? Thanks.

3. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Has anybody ever successfully tapered the sleeves on a Bedale?

4. cornbread

cornbread Member

Does anyone have any experience with the barbour ashby? It says on their site that it's a modern rework of the bedale, and I've read around that that just means it is a slimmer cut. Would it be a good idea for a skinny guy to go with the ashby over the bedale?

Also, does anyone know if countryattire.com is legit? they have barbour stuff among a wide range of other items and brands, and I don't see them on the counterfeit list on barbour's site.

Thanks!

5. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

Just get a smaller Bedale? Theyre easier to find

6. mystix

mystix Well-Known Member

Country Attire appears to be legit, I would wait for their 10% off sale which happens ever 3 months or so. Its nice also how they bundle a free gift after a certain amount spent.

I recently purchased an Ashby one sale and it fits quite slim. At first I was concerned that it was quite short, but it will cover any blazer and suit jacket that I would wear.

Don't think I can add the liner as it would be too tight.

7. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

When I tried on the medium Ashby I find to too slim for me to wear my blazer or suit jacket under it and I ended up with classic bedale which covers almost all of my blazer or suit jacket.

8. dougie

dougie Well-Known Member

Country attire is indeed legit. I got my sapper from them a few years ago, and in addition to being the cheapest source for that model at the time (even with international shipping) they threw in a pretty great scarf.

9. cornbread

cornbread Member

Cool - I'll wait for the 10% off sale. Thanks for all the replies.

Would you guys suggest the Olive colour or the Rustic one? For the Ashby, all of the colours come in sylkoil on countryattire, and only the olive bedale comes in sylkoil. I'm partial to the sylkoil coating, because I heard it wears better. Anyways, I'm pretty much debating between those two colours right now, and I'm not sure which I'm going to go with. I know the olive bedale is as classic as barbour comes pretty much, but Iwas wondering if the Rustic might be a more versatile colour...? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton!

10. cornbread

cornbread Member

Oh, and I'm 5'8-9 and 150, 36" chest if anyone could help me with sizing. I'd like to go with a 34 bedale right now i think or a Small ashby..? Does that sound right?

11. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

i am a 39/40 chest I got a 38 classic bedale. and Medium Ashby fits me just slim and fine.

12. bingebag

bingebag Well-Known Member

So if I was content to wait 1 calendar year to get the best deal on a Beaufort jacket on the internet:

Where would I get it?
    When would I get it?
    What price would it be?

13. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

As a PSA:

North River Outfitters has been regularly running a 25% off code this summer (last one was "USA" - may or may not still be active). It's been being utilized over in the Alden shoes thread, but they carry a decent amount of Barbour product too. Was considering a Bedale w/ the last sale but for lack of funds. If I catch wind of any more discounts this summer, it shall be posted.

15. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

Im a 38" chest and 5'7 and I wear a 34" Bedale if it has a liner in it. I can get away with a 32" Bedale if theres no liner without it being too tight. I have a size 34 for sale right now (check my sig)

16. mystix

mystix Well-Known Member

Cornbread, we are the same size and ashby in small will fit good.

I also got an international and the 34 fits me perfectly.

17. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

Interesting. If I am a 38" chest, 5'5" and 150lbs, do you think I would be able to get away with a 34" Beaufort? I'm assuming that the Bedale and Beaufort are cut the same.

18. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

In on this thread...ive wanted a barbour jacket for quite some time...probably just a liddesdale can't decide in navy or black...but i would like a longer jacket for rain walpole or bearer maybe.

19. john_berklee1

john_berklee1 New Member

If anyone happens to have a size Medium of the To Ki To Summer Bicycle Jacket (in stone only) that they'd be willing to part with,... :smarmy:

I missed my chance on one about a year or so ago, still regretting not purchasing it.

20. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Anybody get their hands on the McQueen Desert Jacket? They are available at a pretty good discount and I like the color but I wonder about the pre-distressing. Is it as durable as the standard International? Does it differ from the International in any other way(s)? For instance, is it lighter or heavier weight waxed cotton? Thanks for any thoughts.

[​IMG]