1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. terras14

terras14 Active Member

Thanks alot for the reply zippyh

2. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

That looks fine to me. Although the Ashby is slimmer, it's not MC jacket tight. Personally, I don't think that would work so well with waxed cotton. There is a guy I see a handful of time at Trader Joe's and he's hard to miss because of the horizontal stress lines (magnified by the faded wax) of his Ashby. You can have enough room for a sweater and a vest on yours so that should work.

3. bbconair

bbconair Well-Known Member

almost too hot now for barbour...

4. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Never too hot... Perfect to even out waxing when reproofed lol

5. bbconair

seriously considering getting my ashby sleeves (poly liner) removed. then it can be a 3.5 season jacket! i really don't understand why ashby's and bedale's aren't identical aside from fit...so annoying not to be able to get exactly what you want.

6. bbconair

good photo showing the diff. ashby collar isn't as aggressively large, is slimmer, and has the corduroy sleeves.

7. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

Frankly, Barbour stuff--the classics anyway--are utilitarian. My life revolves around a New England university campus, so roughly 1/3rd of the year I'm more concerned with staving off rain, sleet, snow, and wind than with whether the collar is too large (if anything, the large collar is welcome, especially combined with the wire-rimmed hood!). I just don't see Barbour as much of a summer item, and spring only barely. I would really advocate for considering what weather you're dealing with in thinking about which jacket to get.

2 people like this.
  8. nqtri

nqtri Well-Known Member

I agree but still find it funny that they have this outfit on the official website.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

Good lord that's ridiculous.

3 people like this.
  10. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

"barbour beach wear SS17 out soon"