1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Well-Known Member

Looks like the Beufort to me

2. mahlerian

mahlerian Member

yeah, I thought it was between Northumbria and Beaufort. (classic of course)

3. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, very helpful.

4. mcnuonuo

mcnuonuo Well-Known Member

I guess our preferences in topcoats may have played some tricks here. I like topcoats shorter in mid thigh. Beaufort ends right there too.

5. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Well worn Beaufort with full pockets to boot!

6. mahlerian

mahlerian Member

Has the Beaufort changed over time? They have raglan sleeves now, Farage's have shoulder seams.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  7. saint

saint Well-Known Member

8. jandersson

jandersson Active Member

I couldn't find any good sizing guide for the Sapper, nor could I find a jacket to try locally. So I ended up ordering both size small and medium. I hope this post might help others trying to figure out their Sapper size.

I'm 183cm/6 tall with a 102cm/40" chest. My jackets are all 48-50 EU/38-40 US. Medium usually fits me best, small if the garment is very loose.

The medium sapper turned out to be much too big. Small was the better size for me, still with plenty of room for layering underneath.

[​IMG]
    These photos are with the drawstring in the waist tighten quite a lot.

1 person likes this.
  9. Chulillo

Chulillo Well-Known Member

I have a Barbour Sapper, did you ask here about sizing? If you did, it must have passed me otherwise I would have told you. Looks good!

10. jandersson

jandersson Active Member

Nope, never asked. Thanks!

11. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Looks great! I have the long discontinued Flyweight Sapper. Lighter weight waxed cotton and no insulation. I tighten up the waist drawstring as well. It's my most worn Barbour and gets 4 season wear.

I got my son an XL kids Sapper a few years ago. He loved it but once he outgrew it, we passed it down to some friends. I picked up a kids XXL Beaufort for my wife this Christmas. Fits her perfectly and was only $99! It's even a Made in UK (unlike our respective Sappers).

My little guy's Sapper. He was 8 or 9 at the time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  12. Chulillo

It is a great piece. Ages well because its design is classic and very practical, I am certain you can't get tired of it.

13. damn_hammer

damn_hammer Member

Tried to locate a Barbour Dept(B) Commander in Olive online, but looks like it was a special edition and no longer available. I'm skeptical of ebay because of fakes on top of being unsure of my size, being between a S/M. Any thoughts whether there's going to be a re-release of the Commander, Beacon or similar? Would like order one, then be able to return if it wasn't the correct size. It's all about the fit. I'm 5'8" 150lb trim/athletic build.

14. Mariokartfever

It's been renamed "Beacon" so I'd stop looking for a Commander... I didn't realize they'd stopped making them.

The Lutz looks somewhat similar. If it fits the same as the commander I would size up.

15. Mariokartfever

http://www.endclothing.com/us/sale/all-sale/barbour-lutz-jacket-mwx0566ol51.html

1 person likes this.
  16. mcnuonuo

I found Chicago Lincoln store has them. The downtown store also has a few.
    I wear Xs in Ashby and have a 36 chest but somehow I found Dept B's smallest size too tight for me.(don't remember if it was an XS or an S)

It's very fitted.

17. mcnuonuo

18. Chulillo

I have a Barbour Lutz and the cut is nothing like the Commander/Beacon. Personally I like the Lutz much better than the other one (but I guess that Bond hype makes it more appealing).

Anyways, quick question for you Barbour experts: Is it possible that two jackets that are from the same line and model but in different colors have different sizing??? I own two Dukes. I bought a brown one a few months ago and love it. Use it a lot and the cut is perfect for me... so I decided to buy the same on in sage... well, it arrived yesterday, same size as the brown one I already have and... it is way bigger... everywhere... and sadly, I have not lost any weight, in case some might think that was a possibility.

19. nbianco

nbianco Member

Thinking of finally picking up my first Barbour jacket (still debating between the Ashby or Bedale) and will be going to the Kittery Outlet this weekend to try some on. Just wondering, can anyone ID the Barbour jacket this guy is wearing in the picture? It's pretty how I'd like mine to fit.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/107875353551650922/

P.S. Sorry to be a pain, but what size would you go for either jacket if you had my measurements...

5'11" at 155lbs

chest size - 37 1/2 inches.

Back - 18 1/2 inches

Arm - 22 inches

pit to pit - 18 inches

Shoulder - 18 1/2 inches

20. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

^ Your shoulders fit a Medium in the Ashby, but the 18" P2P would be good for a Small.

I just recommend trying on.